Reality Composer - Combining animations and movement

Long time listener, first time caller here,

We'd like to use AR Quick Look to render a rigged game character that walks to where you tap on the base surface.

So far, I'm only seeing the ability to sequentially trigger actions. So move+animate simultaneously seems un-doable.

I guess one could parent the USDZ to a "mover" object and then run the transform on the mover and the animation on the USDZ but ugh.

Anyone done something like this?

Accepted Reply

Hi! You should be able to run multiple animations at the same time. See this article, specifically the Configure Multiple Actions to Run Concurrently section. Also, I've been told that the 'tap to move' behavior might not work in AR Quick Look, but please try anyways and feel free to file a feature request on Feedback Assistant if it doesn't work.

• Excellent! Thank you, I think that will get us a little further.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi! You should be able to run multiple animations at the same time. See this article, specifically the Configure Multiple Actions to Run Concurrently section. Also, I've been told that the 'tap to move' behavior might not work in AR Quick Look, but please try anyways and feel free to file a feature request on Feedback Assistant if it doesn't work.

• Excellent! Thank you, I think that will get us a little further.

Add a Comment