Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

• Yes same here immediately after installing Monterey. Once Macbook goes to sleep , wakes unable to scroll mouse. Requires a restart to get it to work

• same problem with macbook air m1

• same here, I am on a MacBook Pro M1

Accepted Reply

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

• Hi all, I have this problem now on 12.1. On previous release was all OK on my brand new Macbook pro 14" with M1Pro.

• me 2 on iMac with 12.01. Switch mouse off and on again fixes it.

• worked for me. thanks twobeatkick

Replies

Same here. Switching off/on works for me as a temporary solution

• Same here. They had me remove the preferences and that worked for a bit longer but now it's back to not working!

Add a Comment

Same here. iMac 2019. Scrolling on Magic mouse 2 doesn't work after sleep/wake.

Same issue with my Magic Mouse 2 paired with MBP M1. Have to switch the mouse off and on again in order to scroll.

I'm facing the same issue with MBP M1 2020 with Monterey 12.0.1 and Magic Mouse 2. As soon as I restart Bluetooth everything back to normal.

same here. new m1 macbook air and have to turn mouse off/on in Bluetooth to get it to work. Annoying.

I am also experiencing same problem in macbook air M1 chip after the 12.0.1 update

Same here, 12.0.1, magic mouse stop scrolling after sleep. Need to restart mouse to work again (turn off then on)

Tried pair the mouse again, but still the same.

Same issue for me also.

Same here :(

Same problem here. iMac 27" late 2015

Same problem here with M1 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. Annoying.

• MBP m1 same problem. so annoying!!

Add a Comment

Same problem here. My Magic Mouse 2, not able to scroll after update.

Same issue for me

Same issue with my iMac M1 after updating it with Monterey. Hope this is fixed soon.

Same here ! I have also A Macbook Air with M1 processor. I hope Apple working on it . . . . .