Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

• Yes same here immediately after installing Monterey. Once Macbook goes to sleep , wakes unable to scroll mouse. Requires a restart to get it to work

• same problem with macbook air m1

• same here, I am on a MacBook Pro M1

Accepted Reply

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

• Hi all, I have this problem now on 12.1. On previous release was all OK on my brand new Macbook pro 14" with M1Pro.

• me 2 on iMac with 12.01. Switch mouse off and on again fixes it.

• worked for me. thanks twobeatkick

Replies

Having the same issue on my iMac. The only way to fix it as you say is to switch it off and on again

same problem here. (MBAir M1 with Magic Mouse 2)

Having the issue on my MBA M1 8Gb on Monterey. The IT Crowd fix works. I have tried turning it off and on again many, many times but it only fixes the issue temporarily.

Having the same issue on my iMac. The only way to fix it as you say is to switch it off and on again

I updated my Macbook pro 14 inch (2021) to monterey 12.1 version and this problem still exist. Mouse can't scroll even after off and on my mouse. The only solution now is to restart (sleep doesn't work as well). Please Apple fix this now....

I am also having this problem in Monterey 12.0.1 on iMac

• LMP Mouses can not be adjusted anymore on my iMac Pro with Monterey Version 12.1. update. Unable to switch on the secondary mouse klick and to 2 sides left and right are twisted. On a Powerbook M1 all works normally.

Add a Comment

I have the same issue with Logitech MX Veritcal. So far, the only solution I found is the classic one: restarting the Mac :(

Same issue x(

Yes same here - just started doing it. Im using a 2017 iMac on Monterey. After waking from sleep the magic mouse will not scroll. Have to turn the mouse off and on again which takes ages to reboot the it works again. Sort it out Apple.

Two days after upgrading to 12.1 the problem has not reappeared. M1 MBP

Yes, having the same problem, very frustrated! Apple, what gives?

This is a bluetooth issue. Switch off your mouse then turn it on again. If forces a new bluetooth connection and the scroll works again. This is very annoying Apple. You should fix it quickly to avoid embarrassment.

Monterey, 27" iMac, same issue. Ever since downloading Monterey 12.01 on my machine Logitech MX Master Mouse stops scrolling. Restarting is a temporary fix, but the problem soon returns.

Yes, ditto all above. I have logi MX Master 3, sames issues. But I have a dongle so turning bluetooth on and off doesn't do anything? Like loads have said the only way to sort it - is to restart!!! How bloody annoying!

Apple HELP!!

In my case the problem was solved by: System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Privacy => Enabling "Logi Options" and "Logi Options Daemon"