Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

• Yes same here immediately after installing Monterey. Once Macbook goes to sleep , wakes unable to scroll mouse. Requires a restart to get it to work

• same problem with macbook air m1

• same here, I am on a MacBook Pro M1

Accepted Reply

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

• Hi all, I have this problem now on 12.1. On previous release was all OK on my brand new Macbook pro 14" with M1Pro.

• me 2 on iMac with 12.01. Switch mouse off and on again fixes it.

• worked for me. thanks twobeatkick

Replies

yes, the problem persists in 12.0.1.

• Yep, my magic mouse is nearly a brick. I can move the cursor and click other than that all other magic mouse functionality is lost. I a bit angry given I bought the mouse right before I upgraded to Monterey

• yup, same here.

• Same problem here. No scrolling on Apple mouse scrolling.

I'm having the same issue; seems to stop scrolling after the computer sleeps.

• I have the same problem since Monterey OS, but no results yet. Please, Apple, do something!

• I have the same problem, different mouse: upon boot, the scroll wheel works fine. And then I loose functionality.

2022 16" M1 MBP Monterey 12.3 Mouse: Logi M720

• I also have the same problem, and my cursor lags from time to time. Thought it was because my mouse was old, nope. Bought a new mouse Loji M331, still have the same issues. Upgraded software to macOS Monterey 12.3.1 and the problem still persists.

Add a Comment

Same here

I'm having the same problem

My Magic Mouse 2 also doesn't scroll in MacOS Monterey.

• Me too magic mouse stopped scrolling after Monterey update.

Add a Comment

Same issue macbook air 12.0.1 macOS monterey - magic mouse 2

Same problem on MacBook Pro M1 - don’t see any fix yet

Same problem here. No scrolling on Apple mouse scrolling.

I'm on a 2019 27" iMac, and I've encountered the mouse scrolling issue since updating to Monterey. I've checked the mouse settings in the System Preferences, and it makes no difference.

• Same here. Trying a restart next.

• Same issue with my 2019 iMac after Monterey 12.0.1 The Magic Mouse won't allow scrolling, I have to turn it off and back on to reconnect. This is very annoying and obviously a bug in the Monterey update.

• Me too. Also on Monterey with a 2019 27" iMac. I found that disabling the mouse in the bluetooth settings then re-enabling it seems to sort it out without the need to reboot.

Exactly the same issue on my MBA M1.

Same thing on MBA M1 / 12.0.1 with recently purchased Magic Mouse 2.

Same error happens to me in a MBP M1 2020 with Monterey 12.0.1 just installed. To allow mouse to scroll is needed to switch off mouse and then switch on, no needs to restart MBP.

Same here, MBP M1, 12.0.1.

Does anyone have the solution?

• Mhhh I´ve just restart de mac and the scroll works again...

• Restart the mac?! OMG, just turn your mouse off and on. Or reconnect mouse via bluetooth if you have trackpad or touchpad.

• this occurs so frequently on my side. "turn off and turn on" solution does not work for me but "unplug, wait a while :) and then plug in" works.

Same issue with MBP M1 and Logitech MX Master 3 for Mac. Unfortunately! Turning mouse off and on fixes the issue.

• same problem here!

• Same here...called Apple twice...they say they are aware. Macbook Air 2020

• I'm using M1 Mac mini with MX Master 1 + Logi Options prog from logitech. System Preferences/Security&Privacy/Accessibility -> when Logi Options not selected the scrolling is stop. Sometimes this option randomly lose selection (or maybe due to a unknown keyboard shortcut - I don't know) But just select it again and scrolling is working again well no restart needed