AR Quick View's AR Quick View button cannot be pressed on some iOS devices.

AR Quick View's AR Quick View button cannot be pressed on some iOS devices.

As for the iPhone 12 Pro, the AR Quick View button cannot be pressed on iOS 15 when reading from the standard iOS QR code reader, but the AR Quick View button can be pressed on the iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.

On other devices, you can press the AR Quick View button when launching from Safari, but you cannot press the AR Quick View button when accessing from the standard QR code reader. Also, on some iOS devices, the AR Quick View button cannot be pressed.

The problem seems to be occurring outside of the https://konabeer.jp/beach-diorama-ar/ as well. Is there any way to avoid this AR Quick View button not being able to be pressed?

It would be very helpful if I could get more information than just the solution to this problem.

iPhone7(iOS13):OK
iPhoneX(iOS15):QR Code Reader:NG
iPhone11(iOS14):OK
iPhone12Pro(iOS14):OK
iPhone12Pro(iOS15):QR Code Reader:NG
iPhone12(iOS15.1):QR Code Reader:NG
iPad Air(iOS15):QR Code Reader:NG
iPhoneSE(iOS15):QR Code Reader:NG

As a result of our own verification, the AR Quick Look button is deactivated on iOS 15 and when the QR code is imported from the Control Center.

If you know of any known bugs or workarounds, or if there are any informative sites that have information on this issue, I would appreciate it.

Replies

Having same issue on my app here, since iOS 15 the AR Button is constantly disabled, however it is enabled on iOS 14...

Hi, the ARQL team has seen reports of issues that are similar to this one. Can you please file a bug report on Feedback Assistant about this issue? Include a sample model that is not working. Also, include some info about how you are opening the model, are you opening it directly from safari app, or through another app that uses a SafariViewController. Additionally, if you could collect a sysdiagnose of the device that is not working and attach it to the feedback item, that would be very helpful. Also, please post the feedback number on this thread so I can directly sent the bug to the ARQL team.

• Hello, my feedback number is FB9735221. The original issue used to be third party apps in general, but turns out on iOS 15.2 beta 3 AR QuickLook works fine in third party browsers, but still not via an app. Thanks

• Sorry I meant iOS 15.2 beta 2*

Add a Comment

Hi, the ARQL team has seen reports of issues that are similar to this one. Can you please file a bug report on Feedback Assistant about this issue?

Submission complete. https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/9766684

Hi has there been any update on this issue?

I'm seeing the issue on

iPhone Xs Max running ios 15.1 iPhone iPhone 11 running iOS 15.1

While these devices are still operating fine.

• I don't see any updates on the two feedback assistant items that were filed, but like I mentioned before, ARQL has seen bug reports like this before, so they should be working on a fix. Feel free to file another bug report though.

Add a Comment

This issue is still happening on iOS 15.3 beta 2

Finally found a fix to the problems we had with AR being disabled in ARQuickLook on our native app, thanks to this article https://levelup.gitconnected.com/creating-an-ios-ar-app-using-the-ar-quick-look-api-fe31aede5267

You have to dissociate the ARQuickLookViewController from the struct UIViewControllerRepresentable in two separate files, and from that the AR feature will magically work. We originally had both of them inside merged inside the same file and that sadly made the AR part stop working on iOS 15+ devices. (But still work on iOS 14 devices!)

As for AR Quick Look from Safari, I think the issue was fixed in previous iOS 15 betas. If you still have the issue make sure the QR scanner is closed in the background and not using the camera or the AR feature will not function at the same time.

Would anyone be kind enough to show us how to "dissociate the viewcontroller" ? Thanks a lot :)

• This is explained in the tutorial I linked to. https://levelup.gitconnected.com/creating-an-ios-ar-app-using-the-ar-quick-look-api-fe31aede5267

• Thank you kindly MrLol :)

Add a Comment