"This item is currently being modified. Please try again later." error on IAP

We're getting this error on all TestFlight versions currently. It's happening when anyone tries to subscribe to our in-app subscription. However, we are not making any changes to the subscription and haven't in weeks.

Anyone else getting this? Any work around? Any update on a fix?

• I am having the same issue for my recurring IAPs only for all 5 of my apps. I have also not changed any information on the IAPs. It occurs in TestFlight and Development environment only. Production is unaffected.

I was hoping this would resolve itself in the past few days but it has not. I will call Apple Dev Support on Monday to try to get a ticket started. Please let me know if you receive any information and I'll do the same. Thanks.

• Just a quick update: all of my in-app purchases appear to be working now... The "This item is currently being modified. Please try again later" is now gone. I did not "do" anything to fix it.

Add a Comment

Replies

Our team had been experiencing this issue A LOT recently. And after trying a lot of suggestion from forums dating years ago with no luck. I think I have found something that works, it's relating to the country you set on your sandbox account.

You just need to set the sandbox account's region to UNITED STATUS.

This could probably be because Apple is updating the prices of products for each country based on the current currency rates. And it could be that it takes time to update their Sandbox Environment thus mysterious "This item is currently being modified. Please try again later" error. If you set it to U.S. which is their default pricing currency then it would probably skip the currency rate check and let proceed.

Hope this helps!

• Thank you so much! That worked for me!

Add a Comment

Do you mean set the US region for items or for the account you are testing with?

• Go to Appstoreconnect / Users and Access / Sandbox Tester Add your email and select as country United States

Add a Comment