iOS 15 app ui keep breaking after few hour kept in background

Hello everyone.

I have an issue with an iOS react-native app after the iOS 15 upgrade but with not a crash. If someone opens the app after ~1 hour from the last time he/she opened it, the app skips the SplashScreen, and after that nothing renders correctly. The positioning and order of components are wrong. also only happens in some devices like iPhone 12 pro max running 15.1.1  any help would be highly appreciated I'm counting on these forms other than that there is no way to debug such an issue or to put any log because even log will not identify issue

Replies

If the app has been backgrounded for about an hour, then it is reactivated...

• It might still be in memory, so it will "resume" operation
  • It might have been removed from memory, so it will "relaunch"

The first step in your diagnosis is to distinguish between those two cases.

Other thoughts:

• Are you saving state when the app is backgrounded?
  • Are you restoring state on foregrounding?
  • Is what you call the "SplashScreen" actually the Launch Screen, that shows when the app is Launched, or is it something else?
  • Are you saving state when the app is backgrounded?

no we are not saving state

Are you restoring state on foregrounding?

no we are not saving

Is what you call the "SplashScreen" actually the Launch Screen, that shows when the app is Launched, or is it something else?

yes its launch screen

this starts happens only after **iOS 15 **

• If you are not saving and restoring state, how can you expect the app to resume in a consistent state?

• I found we are saving state like it keeps page last open when we reopen the app and when we re-launch app from background all the styling of component are broken and we have to kill app in order to run proper