Unable to symbolicate crash logs

I'm attempting to run the "symbolicatecrash" script on a crashlog I received from Apple, however I'm getting the following error

"No crash report version in ./mycrashlog.crash at .../symbolicatecrash line 1365".

Can anyone point me to a reason for this error?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of nx2059 Down vote post of nx2059
2.7k views
  • I’m having the same issue too.And made me confused for half a mouth.As if the crashlog provided from Apple miss the value “report version”. Insert “report version”:“Build String ” into log. It’s work in Xcode without use symbolicatecrash.

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm having the same issue, so I am very interested if anybody knows the answer to your question.

I’m having the same issue too.And made me confused for half a mouth.As if the crashlog provided from Apple miss the value “report version”. Insert “report version”:'Build String' into log. It’s work in Xcode without use symbolicatecrash. 

Same issue here, "no crash report version" in Apple provided crash report. I filed a support request at Apple.

Use this tool that converts Apple crash report from json to old style stack https://github.com/tomieq/AppleCrashScripts

Add a Comment