Xcode not creating distributable archive

Hi all, I'm using xcode 13.2.1. I go to Product>Archive. The app builds and creates an archive, but there's no data for "version, identifier, type, team, architecture, etc." It's just creating a "generic xcode archive."

When I go to "distribute content" it doesn't give the typical distribution methods like "App store Connect, Adhoc, Enterprise, or Development."

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Thomas

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of legarland Down vote post of legarland
1.8k views

Replies

I’m presuming that you’re building an iOS app here. If not, let me know.

For the organiser to recognise an archive as an app archive it must contain exactly one item that’s your app. Try this:

1. Select the archive in the organiser.

2. Control click and choose Show in Finder.

3. In the Finder, control click and choose Show Package Contents.

4. Look in the Products directory. It should contain a single item called Applications. And that should contain a single item that is your app.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Quinn,

I apologize for the delayed reply. I went through the instructions you gave and I do not have anything in the Products folder. What should I do next?

Thank you,

Thomas

Add a Comment

Hi Thomas! I'm unsure if you are still facing this issue and if you are building an app out of Flutter. In the case of the app my team is building using Flutter, we have been seeing a trend that whenever we make some changes to the code in android and iOS versions, the GoogleService-info.plist file gets corrupted. We need to download this file again from our Firebase dashboard and then replace the existing GoogleService-info.plist with a new one. That immediately solved issues at our end. My team is also using XCode 13.2.1 at the moment. Hope this is helpful!

Thanks,

Desi Rocket Scientist

• Desi,

I am using Flutter as well. I'm new to development so my experience level is still fresh. Our previous developer left without teaching me the entire process. But I was able to package the file back in June. I think this problem might be related to the version of xcode. I'm also on 13.2.1 at the moment, but I know I was on an older version because the OS was older as well.

I'll try the items you suggested. More to come.

Thank you,

Thomas

• Desi, I downloaded a new GoogleService-info.plist file and replaced it. Unfortunately, it didn't solve my issue. The problem still exists.

Add a Comment

Any updates here? We are building the iOS app in react native and this issue is still happening