Apple TV 4 - Xcode wont install app after paying for Dev account

Hi, I've been trying to install an app on my Apple TV 4 for a while now and I've been failing miserably.

I was able to install it when I had my free dev account, but now that i've paid for it, stopped working.

Previously, when i'd create a project (Selecting my free developer account), I'd open app signer, load a .deb file in there, and when i'd choose a provisioning profile, the project wouldve created a provisioning profile and it would be there in the list, id select it and sign the app, then i'd use xcode to install it on my apple tv.

After changing from free to paid developer account, if i use that same process, when installing on Apple TV with Xcode, i get the error "App Failed To Install - Application does not support this kind of device"

Also when I create a project with my paid developer account, a provisioning profile isn't created for that project in App Signer, if one is created, where would i find it to manually select it to sign the .deb file.

I have Xcode Beta 8.2 and Xcode 8.2.1 installed. Tried on both, didn't work

Thank you

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

>App singer is the app I was using to sign the app.

Ah - won't ask why it's neccessary, but...not sure this is the place to get support w/non-Apple tools - perhaps AS has it's own support site.

But about that same email, that's a problem. You should have used a new/unique apple id, instead. You may need to contact Apple directly to untangle things now.

Good luck.

Replies

What the heck is 'app signer'?

Did you use the same Apple ID for free provisioning and then for your paid Individual Developer Account?

Is your ATV registered in the Member Center?

What cable are you using?