Build Xcode 13.2 App on iOS 15.4

Hello,

I use my 2013 MacBook Air for occasional coding in Xcode. Now after returning to it after a while I wanted to build an App I wrote on my new iPhone on iOS 15.4.

However my MacBook fell out of the supported devices with the latest MacOS (12). Can I somehow still build the App on my phone with the newest version of Xcode I can get on my Mac? (Xcode 13.2.1 on MacOS 11.6)

Or is there any other way around this? I don't really want to buy a new Mac since the old one still works fine for my purposes and still runs extremely well. Building Apps until the newest release has been no problem.

Best Regards

Replies

I've managed to fix it by downloading 15.4 platform folder from XCode 13.3 device support files and pasting it in Applications/XCode13.2.1/contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport

• I am having the same prob with my app now , will try this ! Thanks for posting this

• Solved the problem for me. Thank you!

• This worked for me as well. Thanks @pedrorosarioo

I tried this too on macOS 11.6.5 and Xcode 13.2.1. However, Xcode does not show 15.4 as available build option in GUI preferences for current Project. And if I manually change it to 15.4 then build will not happen. So I guess that it is not enough to manually just copy those Support files to /Applications/XCode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport? Or should I connect a real iPhone to Mac when trying to build with 15.4 as it seems that there is no Simulation Support for 15.4 in Xcode 13.2.1?

This worked like a charm!

Works perfectly for me! I'm using Xcode 13.2.1(13C100) and unzipped on derived data directory /Library/Developer/Xcode/IOS DeviceSupport and reload xcode.

I don't know much about MacOs, so much so that I don't know where and how to find the Applications/XCode13.2.1/contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport folder. Could you help me ?