libc++ list.h broken error Xcode 13.3 macOS Monterey 12.3.1

Hi,

I am using, inside my Xcode project, the snacc library (https://github.com/nevali/snacc) which uses the libc++ which comes with Xcode.

I'm using Xcode 13.3 (13E113) on macOS Monterey 12.3.1.

The compilation with the Xcode command-line tool fails with these errors:

In file included from /Users/idplug-middleware/Work/idplug-ios-generic-api/idplug-classic/external_sdks/snacc/src/inc/asn-buf.h:12:

/Applications/Xcode13.3.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS15.4.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/list:1164:11: error: use of undeclared identifier '_A'

list<_Tp, _A*lloc>::__link_nodes(__link_pointer __p, __link_pointer __f, __link_pointer __l)

^

/Applications/Xcode13.3.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS15.4.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/list:1164:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'lloc'

list<_Tp, _A*lloc>::__link_nodes(__link_pointer __p, __link_pointer __f, __link_pointer __l)

^

/Applications/Xcode13.3.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS15.4.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/list:1164:34: error: unknown type name '__link_pointer'

^

/Applications/Xcode13.3.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS15.4.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/list:1164:54: error: unknown type name '__link_pointer'

^

/Applications/Xcode13.3.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS15.4.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/list:1164:74: error: unknown type name '__link_pointer'

Is there anything wrong with the libc++ library that comes with Xcode 13.3 ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

I have never had this issue before with older versions of Xcode or macOS.

Thank you.

Christophe

Replies

/Applications/Xcode13.3.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS15.4.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/list:1164:11: error: use of undeclared identifier '_A'

Why is there a * after the A of Alloc?

Is that character actually present in that file?

Did you accidentally edit that file, or something?

• Yes, it is present in the file.

I did not edit the file as far as I know, but I must have done it surely because this modification is not normal. After editing the file and change this weird A*lloc, this is working correctly.

Add a Comment