Error enabling extension Caller ID

I have an app which uses the Call Directory Extension to identify callers. It has been downloaded a few hundred times and a small percentage of users are reporting this error. They are logged in to the app but when they go to phone -> settings -> call blocking & identification they get one of two error messages.

1. "An error occurred while attempting to enable app."
  2. "Failed to request data for app. You may try enabling the extension again and if the problem persists contact the application developer."

I'm not sure how this could be an issue with the app because it works for the majority of users. Furthermore users still experience the error when I ask them to log in with a test account. One user even reported that they could enable it in settings but a little while later it will disable itself.

I have seen similar posts where it's been suggested that the error may be due to bad data (out of order, duplicate contacts, etc) but this error shows before the app even begins to load the data.

Does anyone know under what conditions this error popup shows?

Many thanks

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of lukevdp Down vote post of lukevdp
2.0k views
  • I have the same problem while trying to enable Nomorobo on a new IPhone 14 Max. What should be done to resolve the issue?

Add a Comment

Replies

I have the same problem while trying to add Service M8 contact id. I see there is no other posts or replies on this. Is this a common issue and has anyone figured out a work around.

I have the same issue i couldn't find a solution i wish if there's any solution or any path that might help :'(

I have the same issue, after debugging, I realised that it was due to a memory crash in the callkit extension, from my logic, fixed it and the "Failed to request data for app. You may try enabling the extension again and if the problem persists contact the application developer." is gone. But now, I am seeing "An error occurred while attempting to enable app.", anyone got the same issue?