How to disable Hide My Email for new accounts (this is a banking app)

Usually, people respond to these types of posts with things like: "honor the users choice here" This isn't about choice.

We are a bank. A literal bank. For regulatory reasons, we need to collect the user's email during onboarding. It's used for legal communications including bank statements, as well as compliance with anti money laundering laws. In fact, email is one of the least invasive things we collect. Banks need to collect SSN, mailing/billing addresses, full legal names, phone numbers, and more. If Apple's response was, "there's no way to disable Hide My Email", then we would be legally required to have entirely separate UI after the "Sign in with Apple" screen where we collect and verify their real email. Two email auth screens.

By telling us to NOT disable Hide My Email, you're saying that we need to have separate email collection UI, or we need to abandon Sign in with Apple entirely and go with custom email/password auth.

If I understand correctly, a "hide-my-email" email address is a valid email address which will reach the user if you send things to it.

It's the same as the user creating individual "throw-away" email addresses. (Which I have done, for banks! It actually allows me to help distinguish genuine emails from my bank from scams. Scams are unlikely to know the single-use address.)

Are you sure you cannot accept hide-my-email addresses?

How to disable Hide My Email for new accounts (this is a banking app)

Q