Apple lightning to HDMI cable accessory isn’t recognized on IOS 16 Beta

If you use the Apple lightning to HDMI cable accessory, it isn’t recognized if you download the new IOS 16 Beta. Does anyone have any solutions or work arounds for this issue?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Mkusmile78 Down vote post of Mkusmile78
19k views
  • Hey Apple! Either give us back the $60 bucks we spent on your product or fixed the damn firmware issue!

• I agree/ Second the comment above! I spent good money on these products and a big portion of it was so that I can show movies in class to my students. This issue needs to get fixed!!!

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

I had the same problem, I solved it by restoring the original iPhone settings and the audio problems were solved by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps

The adapter lightning-jack is also dosen’t work. Please do something with it. We can’t record with microports. This is out job our live.

Found a solution. If you download the Apple TV app to your device, you can connect all the streaming services. They can then play through the Apple TV app directly. 👍

• The Apple TV thing doesn’t work. I have the app (Prime) connected in Apple TV. I find a show I downloaded and click play and all it does is launch it in prime and still doesn’t work. Prefer Prime to Netflix but this is a deal breaker. I’ve gotten away 2-3 years without being gouged for home internet and this was a workaround at one point. But now I don’t have the free wifi I had so this is no good. Don’t understand why they’d prevent this. Just cancelled my prime membership after 1 day.

Add a Comment

Here’s the workaround: Download the shows/movies you want watch while on your network or WiFi, then go to Airplane Mode to watch. I’ve successfully used this for Apple TV and Netflix.

Same here with 16.2

I guess I waited long enough; after a few minutes of not working, I restarted my phone it it STILL didn't work, but I left it connected and after a few minutes it suddenly showed up. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

on iOS 16.6., it doesn't work either.

TO FIX: plug BOTH the charger and HDMI cable to Lightning adaptor.

Once the HDMI cable is working, you can unplug the charger. I think the reason is that Apple reduced the power supply to the ports (including USBC on MacBook/MacBookPro) to save the battery.

Steve Jobs would not be happy.