Apple Watch Error I am not sure how to solve

Hi I have built an application and trying to publish it to App Store Connect to do a TestFlight.

My application is called Meeting Reminder App with an SKU of DanD.meeting-reminder.

For some reason, every time I try to distribute the app to the App Store Connect, an email gets sent to me with this error:

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "Meeting Reminder App" 1.0 (21). Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

ITMS-90683: Missing Purpose String in Info.plist - Your app‘s code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app‘s Info.plist file should contain a NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data. If you're using external libraries or SDKs, they may reference APIs that require a purpose string. While your app might not use these APIs, a purpose string is still required. For details, visit: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/protecting_the_user_s_privacy/requesting_access_to_protected_resources

I have the key under the name of Privacy - Calendars Usage Description within the info.plist, and I have also made sure that the entitlement: Calendars is in both the Entitlement file for both release and debug. But somehow it still gives me the error.

I would also like to point out that the Usage Description and the entitlements are only in the Extension file and not the actual App file. I do not know if that is necessary but please tell me if it is.

Replies

To anyone who finds this I realized my problem is that you have to go underneath the applications 'build settings' and then you have to go to 'packaging'

Go underneath the column that has your application name and double click which reveals a white box.

Finally you copy the info.plist path and put it inside the white box and you are done.

*Note https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/125768 is where I learned the whole process from so if there are any further questions, refer to this link.