Expo built app crash on Testflight

Hello dear community, I am reaching out to your as I am building an app that works very well on Expo client, for which I achieve to build on iOS, but when launching it on Testflight, the app instantly crashes with the crash report attached.

Any help would be more than welcome.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of audibertikev Down vote post of audibertikev
5.3k views

Replies

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

This means that your app crashed itself by calling abort. The presence of the Last Exception Backtrace section indicates that this is due to an unhandled language exception. This frame in that backtrace:

4 GreenAct … -[RCTExceptionsManager reportException:] + 1408 …

indicates that is coming out your third-party runtime. I don’t maintain expertise in third-party runtimes, so I can’t offer any insight into that. My advice is that you escalate this via the runtime’s support channel.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I had the same problem since the last expo update. The problem is due to 2 modules which are react-native-picker-select and react-native-shadow-2. Everything works during my local tests but the app crashes on testflight. I replaced them with different modules. I hope this can help you.

I'm experiencing the same - did you find a solution?

I'm havin the same issue, anyone find a solution??

Did anyone find a solution? I'm experiencing the same issue with react-native-select-picker, and its dependency, react-native-picker. I have tried the trick from https://github.com/react-native-picker/picker/issues/225#issuecomment-861762503 where you add an invisible react-native component, but that didn't resolve my issue. Whenever I click on a screen that has a select widget on it, the whole app crashes.