iOS16 Beta system local network permission pop-up alert does not display

• SUMMARY

iOS16 Beta system local network permission pop-up alert does not display

• STEPS TO REPRODUCE
  1. Install My App for the first time on iOS16 Beta system devices
  2. Open the My App and you will first see the local network permissions introduction page
  3. On this page we will send UDP broadcast packets
  • RESULTS

The user should then see the local network permission authorization pop-up alert,but there is no actual popup in iOS16Beta,but it works fine on the previous version of iOS system

• NOTES

On the previous version of iOS system, by sending UDP broadcast, the local network permission authorization pop-up alert can be triggered normally, but in iOS16Beta, the pop-up alert will not appear, and the local network permission switch will not appear in the App-related system settings. I don't know how to deal with this problem. I have tried many methods and it doesn't work. Can someone help me.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of liyangbbs Down vote post of liyangbbs
5k views

Replies

On the previous version of iOS system, by sending UDP broadcast, the local network permission authorization pop-up alert can be triggered normally, but in iOS16Beta, the pop-up alert will not appear, and the local network permission switch will not appear in the App-related system settings.

Given that this worked on previous systems, your first step here should be to file a bug report about the problem. Please post your bug number, just for the record.

I recommend that you do the following:

1. Delete your app from the device.

2. Run it from Xcode, which will re-install it.

3. In the app, do the thing that should trigger the local network privacy alert.

4. Immediately after that alert doesn’t show up, trigger a sysdiagnose log and note down the time.

Include the log and the time stamp from step 4 in your bug report.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Did you end up filing a bug report for this? I am seeing the same issue on iOS 16 Beta 5.

I get no LAN permission dialogue, but LAN access still works. Clean install on both app and iOS device.

• Turn off your iPhone, turn it back on again, and launch the existing app, and you will see the local network permissions dialog.

• WJohn, seems to work, but can you explain why this works? And also, is it expected behavior, or a bug?

• I don't know how that works either. so I think it's a bug.

Our users have been seeing the same issue on the production release of iOS 16. The restart workaround mentioned by WJohn does work (and we are now instructing users to restart their phones), but this definitely feels like a big miss and something that should be fixed.

However the bigger problem remains -- two iOS versions later and Apple still has not given developers a way to properly trigger the local networking permission programmatically or check it's status programmatically with a sane API and not needing to resort to these sorts of workarounds.

Our users have been seeing the same issue on the production release of iOS 16.

Did anyone end up filing a bug about this? If so, what was the bug number?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Not sure if anyone else reported this through Feedback Assistant this so here's my submission number - FB11538990

• How do you find the reported bug to find the status? This is still an issue.

Add a Comment

We are experiencing this as well on the official release in ios16 webkit where we are loading a development site with unsigned certs over SSL. The fraudulent website warning displays, but when we click proceed the page infinitely reloads. Restarting the phone did fix this, but only for the first set of certs provided, after that trying to load different development apps using unsigned certs results in the same behavior

• Reported: FB11577499 This significantly complicates developing web applications for iOS.

• Thanks for reporting FB11577499.

• How do you find the reported bug to find the status? This is still an issue.

Add a Comment

The problem is still present, is there a fix or a "human workaround" that we can do for the final users?