Consistently getting JWT errors

I have added the WeatherKit capability and enabled it in the developer account for the respective app id. I continually get this error. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Failed to generate jwt token for: com.apple.weatherkit.authservice with error: Error Domain=WeatherDaemon.WDSJWTAuthenticatorServiceListener.Errors

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of iitgrad2 Down vote post of iitgrad2
1.2k views
  • Similar problem here. Seeing lots of reports on StackOverflow as well. Some people say it only works when building on a real device, but that has not been the case for me. WeatherKit is not working with Xcode on simulator nor on device. [ iOS 16.1, macOS 13.0.1, Xcode 14.1 ]

Add a Comment

Replies

Works perfectly on the device but not in the simulator in Xcode 14 beta 6

I'm getting the same JWT error making any request with WeatherKit from Xcode. This includes on a real device and in the simulator. Seeing lots of people reporting the same problem on StackOverflow as well. I'm running Xcode 14.1 on macOS 13.0.1 and my device is an iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 16.1

I only get this if I am using a different App ID than what is registered in the official App Store, although these testing IDs have been correctly setup in the App ID section of the developer portal. If I use my production ID, everything works. But if I use my staging or developement IDs, access fails.