Xcode freezes/ hangs on startup and does not load any application

I recently updated my M1 mac to Monterey 12.5.1 and since my xcode fail to load my project. Xcode opens and hangs as seen in the picture. I have to force quit to close. The installed version of xcode is Version 13.4.1

Things I have tired:

1. Completely removing and reinstalling xcode from the dev site
  2. Restarting device
  3. Suggestion from here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11247008/xcode-freezes-on-startup-while-loading-project
  4. Even if I fully create a new project from the start screen, it still freezes on load

Nothing seems to be working. Wondering if anyone can help

Thanks

Answered by pilotman in 725723022

So for anyone who has this issue in the future. I has taken me 2 days to figure out. My code was stored on the cloud and when I moved it locally everything started working again without issues. So the fix is not to use icloud like I did

I have the full crash report. Not sure if I should post it here as I am not sure if it contains information that I shouldnt share

When you launch Xcode, before loading any project, do you get the welcome screen with proposal to create or open project ?

What happens if you ask for new project here ?

Accepted Answer

So for anyone who has this issue in the future. I has taken me 2 days to figure out. My code was stored on the cloud and when I moved it locally everything started working again without issues. So the fix is not to use icloud like I did

I was having a similar problem but my app would have the wheel of death upon clicking on a project. I resolved it by deleting all associated data (factory reset Xcode), downloading the Xcode zip directly into my applications folder and de-compressing it there. Once I got the new application open, I created a new project. Then I selected file -> open recent and selected the file that would not load from there.

I tried every tip I found online and nothing works. My code is not stored in the cloud. It takes Xcode 15 minutes to open a project. This is ******* ridiculous

Still stuck on the same issue, my only option looks to be wiping the whole MacBook, which I really don't want to do. And there is no guarantee issue will not return. I had a little progress by creating a new user, and it worked for a few days - it was opening projects immediately, but after a few days it started freezing for 10-15mins when opening projects. Seems to be completely random. Its impossible to work like this

Xcode freezes/ hangs on startup and does not load any application

Q