tvOS 15 DualSense is minimizing app on PS button long press

I previously posted this problem in regards of a similar problem on iPads

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/711905

on iPads the problem can be solved by using

controller.physicalInputProfile.buttons[GCInputButtonHome].preferredSystemGestureState = GCSystemGestureStateDisabled;

However this doesn't work on tvOS. A short press on the PS button is opening up some kind of menu (look at the attached screenshot) and a long press is causing the app to get minimized. Can this be avoided somehow? This is actually a very annoying problem for users when the PS button doesn't work correctly and causing the app to get minimized.

• Additional information: And the square button and Circle button of the DualSense are triggering the onExit command and the onPlayPauseCommand functions of the View...

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Hi grill2010

This is expected. On tvOS the GameController framework does not expose the Home button on game controllers to apps. It's reserved for system use so that users always have a way to navigate back to the home screen.

• Okay I see, I have to implement a hotkey command then as a workarounds. Thanks for the clarification.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi grill2010

This is expected. On tvOS the GameController framework does not expose the Home button on game controllers to apps. It's reserved for system use so that users always have a way to navigate back to the home screen.

• Okay I see, I have to implement a hotkey command then as a workarounds. Thanks for the clarification.

Add a Comment