XCode 14 compile errors immediately disappear or do not appear at all

I'm unable to use XCode 14 to develop my app because as soon as a compiler error is shown, it is immediately withdrawn from the Issue Navigator pane. This makes it impossible to see what is wrong. The errors are also immediately withdrawn from the editor.

This video shows 3 attempts to compile the project: after the first attempt no error shows, after the second attempt the error shows for a moment then is automatically removed (no mouse or keypress from me), after the third attempt same.

https://youtu.be/bmK_k6oLYpQ

I have tried rebooting, and deleting ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData, to no effect.

• Did you try to suppress the warning about iOS 9 which is no more supported. Set the deployment target to iOS 11 , then try again. You can also have some information in the build log.

• In my case project min level is iOS 12 so that's not it

• Facing same issue, Seems Apple not having UAT team at all for Xcode, Always full of bug

Replies

Xcode 14.3RC - same issue! What is going on, Apple? This makes it impossible to do any meaningful development. I have M1 MacBook Pro

• Have you double checked the capitalization of the project path and the folder it's in? In Xcode select the project (first item in navigation list), show the file inspector and look at where it says Full Path check that the capitalization of /Users/username/Git/Path/To/Project/Project.xcodeproj matches exactly the capitalization of the folder structure.

Add a Comment

I'm also experiencing this issue with Xcode_14.3_Release_Candidate.

• Have you double checked the capitalization of the project path and the folder it's in?

In Xcode select the project (first item in navigation list), show the file inspector and look at where it says Full Path check that the capitalization of /Users/username/Git/Path/To/Project/Project.xcodeproj matches exactly the capitalization of the folder structure.

• All capitalization matches, still getting the problem.

Add a Comment

Fixed!

Double check the capitalization of your project path vs your folder capitalization. When mine were mismatched (e.g. /Users/username/Git/Path/To/Project/Project.xcodeproj with a folder path of /Users/username/git/path/to/project/project.xcodeproj) I had this problem. Once I updated them to match the capitalization It worked.

In Xcode select the project (first item in navigation list), show the file inspector and look at where it says Full Path, then compare to your folder structure in Finder

• All capitalization matches, still getting the problem.

Add a Comment

facing the same issues

This super annoying bug came up after upgrading to 14.3. Project path is ok, so it must be something else.

Hello, I just upgraded from the release candidate to the 14.3 on the App Store, now I also have this issue.

Thanks

As Xcode 14.3 does not have running in Rosetta option, unchecking "Show live Issues" in Xcode setting at least prevents errors from disappearing.

• Unchecking "Show live issues" also worked for me in Xcode 14.2

• Disabling "Show live issues" also fixes the issue for me in Xcode 14.2.

• also fixed!

Hello everyone!

I am glad to say that I have finally fixed a bug in our working project.

As some of you have mentioned earlier, the issue can arise when Xcode indexing fails, especially when the group filename in Xcode and folder name in the filesystem are different. However, I double-checked this and found that it was not the cause of our issue. So, I took the following steps:

• I turned on the index log in XCode by running the following command in Terminal: defaults write com.apple.dt.Xcode IDEIndexShowLog -bool YES.

• After that, I went to the log tab on the left bar and found the Index section. In the index log, I discovered an error that said the compiler couldn't find the Moya module for the x86-64 processor, even though it found it for the arm64. But I have an arm64 M1Pro chip. So, the reason it was trying to find the x86-64 version of lib was hiding in BuildSettings.

• I found that I had set arm64 as excluded archs in BuildSettings when I had an issue with libraries that weren't ready to compile to arm64 sim. But now that all project dependencies are ready, I only needed to remove that setting.

• And that's it! The errors are no longer hidden from me.

P.S. If you are using Xcode 14.3, you may also need to remove that setting because it no longer supports the Rosetta environment.

In short, to fix the issue, remove "Excluding archs: arm64" from the target BuildSettings.

I hope this helps!

• Harry you are a Wizard!

While my solution was different, turning on the index log showed me towards the right direction. Thank You, Good Sir! (PS: I had the problem inside ./DerivedData/ModuleCache, so i deleted it and that was enough to fix this)

• Thank you for providing a working solution. But, personally, I don't feel any excitement about fixing something that should be working out of the box. Do Apple employees use Xcode at all? I always wonder about it...

• I think it's correct answer! THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST @SwiftWizard! But I can't delete arm64, because I use CocoaPods, CocoaPods add "Excluded Architectures" to my project . So I tested build with choice "DEVICE", not Simulator. Finally, I could watched build error! and it doesn't disappeared. I think this is the solution for someone who uses CocoaPods.

Are any of you using a system with CrowdStrike Falcon running by chance?

It will appear in Activity Monitor as com.crowdstrike.falcon.Agent

• I started seeing this annoying issue on Xcode after upgrading to Version 14.3 (14E222b) and M1 Macbook Pro to 13.3.1 (22E261)

This is extremely annoying and has cut my productivity significantly!!!

I use CrowdStrike Falcon, if that makes any difference, but I have always used CrowdStrike Falcon and did not have this issue, until upgrading the MacOS and Xcode last week.

• Yes, actually.

Add a Comment

The only thing that worked for me was to delete the DerivedData folder.
/Users/USER/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData

in xcode settings > general uncheck the "show live issues"

Made clean (shift-cmd-k) and than it worked again.

In my case it happens only when running on Rosetta simulator

Thank you so much.. It helps in XCode 14.3

Disable Show live issues solved from me on Xcode 14.2, but I forgot where I found this solution. It seems like a bug with Show live issues in Xcode.

• Someone has mentioned this above in this thread itself. But yes this fixed the issue for me as well.

Add a Comment