Xcode 14 slow on M1 mac book pro

I just updated from XCode 13 to 14 and the sluggishness is really noticeable. I see the colourful wheel of doom running tests and it makes XCode 14 unresponsive for about 2 minutes. it happens when doing a lot of tasks in XCode even accessing the menu bar.

I'm running it on a MacBook pro m1, 16gb. Rosetta is turned on though that is because I need the simulators for testing. Those sims don't run without it...why is that the case? It's been a while surely the sims should run native on m1 by now?

Any advice would be great.

I have more questions for later on why XCtest is suddenly broken too in XCode 14.....not enjoying this update at all. 94 failed tests because of the update :(

I'm having the same issue, and from poking around Facebook groups we're not alone. I'm not sure how Apple can really mess something up so badly (let alone have it pass QA), but it's incredibly frustrating for someone who develops for a living. I'm constantly waiting for Xcode to compile, the build system crashes at least twice per hour, and when typing it's incredibly laggy to the point where I can't even continue working. Apple needs to fix this, ASAP. It's unacceptable.

This is on both an M1 Pro MacBook Pro 2021, and an Intel MacBook Pro 2019.

Same problem here - iMac Intel i5 with 40GB of RAM - 1TB HDD. Worked like dream until Xcode 14. Now fan on all the time and very slow. Only 14GB of Ram used. Very annoyed. Xcode 14.0.1 and not a massive project.

As far as testing goes, are you able to get a spindump? https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/715929 could be related.

Same issue here on xCode 14 and Macbook Pro M1 with 32GB of ram. xCode was never perfect, but now it is a disaster. Opening small files takes seconds, editing text is sluggish. Before Ventura I had xCode 13 along with 14 and it was much more smooth experience.

It's unbearable. Fix it!

I'm having the exact same problem on my Macbook Air M1 with 16GB RAM. To the point where I might have to give up development until this is fixed.

Xcode 14.1 is building and running extremely slow on a brand new 16 inch MBP with 64gb ram. My old 2015 MBP is a bit quicker to build the same project. It is very bad, please fix it asap.

Same. It comes and goes for me but Xcode keeps choking

Does anyone have any solutions? For me it is specifically the Swift code editor that is choking on large-ish files, and the exact same code was totally fine under Xcode 13.

It has gotten so bad that I just edit the code via VS Code instead of Xcode now :(

hey guys! does anyone have a solution ?

same problem. apple makes each iteration on xcode worse.

Xcode 14 slow on M1 mac book pro

Q