iOS 16 Ruins HDMI functionality

If you use your iPhone to stream to your tv through a lightning adapter Do NOT upgrade to iOS 16. I live in a rural area and don’t have Wi-Fi so we stream tv on my iPhone with a lightning adapter. This has worked great for many years and many iPhones. Ever since I updated to iOS 16 there is not one streaming app that will work through the adapter. I have tried multiple hdmi cords, lightning adapters and tvs and the result is the same. No audio at all and either no video or a video that lags every few seconds. Apple needs to fix their mistake or resign an old iOS so we can revert back.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Fishb Down vote post of Fishb
3.9k views

Replies

You can restore your iphone to ios15.7 by downloading ios15.7 firmware and restore from Finder. Before doing it backup your iphone. Download firmware from here https://ipsw.me/

i have the same issue and so far i’m getting no solution to the problem beside “restore ios 15.” i don’t have a mac nor access to wifi where i live. i’ve noticed the lagging video problem happens only with certain sites. it works fine when i watch something on youtube but not when i watch from sites/apps with “protected content.”

I have the same issue. I live in the sticks and cannot get internet. I use my phone to stream to my tv with a lightning adapter. Since my latest update to ISO 16.1.1 I am unable to stream. I hope they fix this soon. Maybe it’s a play to make us buy more products, update our tvs, or purchase a new adapter. Hard to say. Sucks for folks like us living on a budget.

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

This should not be called an update if functionality is lost after "updating". This is enough to lose me as a customer.