ShieldConfiguration not updating when app is open prior to the shield activating

Hello! I believe there is a bug: ShieldConfigurationDataSource extension does not update when the app to be blocked is already open and the ManagedSettingsStore.shield.applications is set to the app that is already open. The shield comes up but has a stale ShieldConfiguration not reflecting the current state of the app is used.

I've been able to replicate the issue in an independent app "OffScreen". If you start a blocking time range from 10:00-10:15, it will say "No Twitter until 10:15" and then open Twitter at 10:15. If there is another blocking time range from 10:16-10:31, the app will be open until 10:16 when the shield will reactivate and it will still say "No Twitter until 10:15" when is should say "No Twitter until 10:31".

thanks!

Replies

Your app's extension (and OffScreen's extension) might simply be returning the wrong configuration due to a similar issue as this developer: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/716698?answerId=730969022#730969022

If that is not the case, please file a bug report with a sample Xcode project containing an app and shield extensions that replicate the issue using Feedback Assistant.

• I've replicated this issue in a sample Xcode project just displaying the current time on the shield (independent of UserDefaults, so it's not related to the thread you linked). I've submitted a sample Xcode project with the app and shield extensions replicating the issue as well as a screen recording. The id is FB11673371. Thanks!

Add a Comment

I can confirm the same behavior. Looks to be a bug in ShieldConfigurationDataSource / ManagedSettingsUI. I'll also submit in Feedback assistant.

Any update on this radar? @dev0618 did you ever get a response.