Error 1110 - Report & Solution (Data Recovery)

Hello everyone,

I'd like to post this so the issue becomes known to the Apple team and developers. I believe this information is very valuable for the company and would improve the lives of multiple customers around the globe and people wouldn't have to experiment with unknown 3rd party tools and possibly compromise their data. I've talked about this to a Senior Advisor and I was recommended to leave a post and feedback about this issue. In this post I'll be talking about Data Recovery possibility for a lot of people who encounter "Error 1110" in iTunes.

What causes Error 1110 (common)?

1. User takes up all of the storage space available on the iOS device. Software begins to malfunction or in my case begins to update overnight leading to a catastrophic failure. Device not booting.

What is Error 1110?

1. Device doesn't have enough storage space to boot or update. Only option available is "Restore" via iTunes.
  2. Device is stuck in a bootloop or constantly boots into Recovery Mode.
  3. iTunes isn't able to "Update" the device due to the following sample error:
<key>AMRError</key> 
<integer>1110</integer> 
<string>Upgrade Install failed(ENOSPC) TotalSpace: 122070 MB InitialFreeSpace: 1675 MB FreeSpaceAfterCleanup: 1675 InitialDataVolumeUsage: 113289 MB DataVolumeUsageAfterCleanup: 113289 MB RequiredAdditionalSpace: 5956 MB
</string>

Consequences of this issue are as follows:

1. Unable to boot device to retrieve data such as: Photos, Videos, etc...
  2. Forces customer or user to perform a software reset via iTunes.

I'd like to point out that I've ran into loads of devices with Error 1110 including my own. This has been happening way more ever since iOS 10 release. In the last 4 years I've tried many repair shops and asked around for solutions to no avail. So I ended up digging deeper into this and found hundreds of posts around the web with people running into this issue. Reached out to numerous repair shops to see how often this occurs and it looks like it's a constant issue. So I took the time to investigate and come up with some solutions.

Solutions that would help:

1. Create a signed iOS copy every single time a new iOS releases. The copy would be a iOS (Light) version with all of the current security features but without system apps such as: Camera, Safari, Calendar, etc... However, it would be important that we do not allow downgrading these versions publicly either due to security reasons. So each release there would be 2 iOS versions. For example, we could implement the following: iOS 16.0.2 & iOS 16.0.2 (Light). This would definitely guarantee a fix for majority of people. In addition, this light iOS version could perform slight repairs to the current OS. The idea behind it is similar to a safe boot.
  2. Allow customers to send out their devices to Apple repair for a fee in order to downgrade iOS version that isn't being signed in order to successfully update device and repair the firmware. Afterwards, upload customers data to iCloud and reset the device. Why would this solution work? because lower iOS versions require less storage space and the chances of data retrieval increase.

I personally like the first option as it would allow users to repair their devices from home. The second solution could be a temporary fix. However, second option doesn't necessarily guarantee data retrieval or a fix to the problem.

Please let me know of what you guys think and if you have any suggestions. Feel free to reach out to me with questions as I've experimented with a load of such devices. Couple devices I've managed to fix for others but sadly haven't been able to fix mine as the storage situation is more severe on mine. There are people who lost years worth of information and so did I.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of RalfTech Down vote post of RalfTech
8.4k views
  • @RalfTech I assume there is no update? How did those who did manage to repair it do so? Very nervous to use any kind of third party software...

• How to contact

• TXS 4 UR POST! AFTER WEEKS IN THE DARK, FINALLY FOUND YOUR IMPORTANT INFO ! ? > HOW TO CONTACT? < CAUSE, GOT A ME2 SITUATION: iPhone X, The iPhone "¡Phone" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (1110). 06A3.0456 >> BUT WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND, IS NOT ENOUGH SPACE -I'M WORKING WITH A 2 TERRABITES STORAGE PLAN. HOW COME, THAT MY PHONE WOULDN'T RECOGNIZE IT ?!? PLS HELP - SOS, I NEED THIS PHONE WITH MY DATA 4MY SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS.... OMG, IT COULD GET VERY EXPENSIVE ... THANK YOU.

Replies

how do i fix my iphone 13 pro recovery fails half way through and my storage is full and wont allow me to restore it

Yes, I also encountered such problems. Recently, my iPhone 14 Pro Max had an error when upgrading to ios17.0, and then there was the 1110 error that could not show my hair. I tried to update the system in the recovery mode, but it didn't work. As of today, I still can't repair my mobile phone, which is very sad. My mobile phone contains a lot of valuable data, but there is no solution at present, I hope the apple development team can see this information so that the problem can be fixed later. Thank you.

As a user who has used iPhone for more than 10 years, from iPhone4 to iphone14, I have no idea how many apple devices I have purchased. I like to use Apple devices. I appeal to friends who have encountered error 1110. When you see this message, you must leave a message here to promote the Apple software team to repair the problem.

作为一个使用iPhone 手机10多年的用户,从iPhone4到iphone14,我不知道我已经购买了多少台苹果设备。我喜欢使用Apple设备。我呼吁遇到错误1110的朋友。当您看到此消息时,您必须在此处留言,以促进苹果软件团队修复此问题。

• I am having the exact same error. Did you ever figure out a way to resolve this?

Add a Comment

Hello everyone, has anyone seen this message? My iPhone still cannot be repaired. This is the 11th day I am unable to use my phone. I hope the Apple software development team can see this reply and kindly request that you fix the issue with 1110.

Hello everyone, I hope today is a happy day. My iPhone is still not working properly. I hope the Apple software team can see this message. Thank you.

Hello everyone, I haven't given up on this iPhone yet. God, help it. I hope the Apple software team can see this message.

Hello everyone, I am a baby that no one likes and has long been forgotten. Please help me fix the 1110 error.

Oh, it's another day when I can't use my iPhone, and I'm not in a good mood today. It's really difficult.

sos,Please help me fix the 1110 error.

Hello!!!

I´m on the same situation as you: Error 1110 abd BootLoop, send iphone 11 to technician... we can boot the phone but we are now on the same screen as you!!

A grey screen with a Box asking for a Code... but i DON´T KNOW WHAT CODE TO ENTER!!!

I tried:

-> unlock homepage code-> no way -> AppleID Code-> no way....

Any idea of what code to enter???

Thanks!

• I am having the same issue

Add a Comment

I got new info thanks to Reddit User: DenyTheFlesh

Copy and paste:

It's the "swipe up to upgrade" screen but in Chinese.

Basically Stockholm (that's your Apple Pay/NFC chip with the Secure Element) took a firmware update and iOS needs to do encryption stuff to the entire storage contents, but first it needs to decrypt what's already there by getting the correct passcode from you. Each attempt is a 15+ minute operation even if the passcode is wrong.

If you know FOR SURE that the passcode you entered is 100% correct, then perhaps Stockholm took a bad update or there is something seriously corrupt in userland. If it can't decrypt for this operation, then it can't decrypt to access your stuff, and a full restore is your only option.

Has anyone figured this out yet?

Me too. I already reduced my phone's storage by removing all my videos and photos. I have 76 GB free and still 1110 is hunting my phone. I went to Apple store already but they can't do anything about it. The option I got is to factory reset it as I CAN'T also back up my phone though iCloud and iTunes for unknown reasons! All I need now is to back my phone up so I can transfer everything to a new phone, if I get a new one. HELLLLPP!

Hello everyone, My iPhone still cannot be repaired. This is the 15th day I am unable to use my phone. I hope the Apple software development team can see this reply and kindly request that you fix the issue with 1110.

Same issue. iPhone 12 updated overnight last Thursday (February 22) and started boot looping. Tried updating and got the (1110). 06A3.0456 error (see screenshot). I have a 256gb phone and 2TB iCloud storage, so no storage issue here.