Xcode: can't download symbols for watchOS 9.1

Hi,

I get this error when I select my Apple Watch on Xcode:

DVTDownloadable: Download Failed. Downloadable: https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/watchOS_20S75/Watch5_2_20S75.dmg. Error Domain=DVTACSURLSessionDelegate Code=1 "Failed with HTTP status 403: forbidden" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed with HTTP status 403: forbidden}

My Dev account is over and I use a free account.

Shouldn't I have access to these WatchOS symbols as iOS16.1 ones have been correctly downloaded?

Thx.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of manu3b1 Down vote post of manu3b1
2.0k views

Replies

I am also seeing <The device "*** Apple Watch" is not available because there was an error downloading its symbols>

iOS 16.1, watchOS 9.1, Xcode 14.0.1. And I do have a valid developer account.

• Seeing this too:

Domain: com.apple.platform.iphoneos Code: -1 Recovery Suggestion: Please check the connection to the device, and review all errors in the Devices and Simulators window. User Info: { IDERunOperationFailingWorker = IDEInstalliPhoneLauncher; } X’s Apple Watch via iPhone: Failed with HTTP status 403: forbidden Domain: DVTACSURLSessionDelegate Code: 1 User Info: { DVTDeviceErrorIsProxied = 1; }
Add a Comment

I have the same issue. It was working seemingly well before I updated my watch and xcode recently.

Beautiful’s Apple Watch via iPhone: Failed with HTTP status 403: forbidden
Domain: DVTACSURLSessionDelegate
Code: 1
User Info: {
    DVTDeviceErrorIsProxied = 1;
    DVTErrorCreationDateKey = "2022-10-29 02:10:19 +0000";
}
--

System Information
macOS Version 13.0 (Build 22A380)
Xcode 14.0.1 (21336) (Build 14A400)
Timestamp: 2022-10-29T11:10:19+09:00

If you go to ~Library/Developer/Xcode/watchOS DeviceSupport you can see the support you have for existing watchOS OS in their own sub-directories:

• Watch6,9 8.7 (19U66)
  • Watch6,9 9.0 (20R383)
  • Watch6,9 9.1 (20S75)

Each folder contains a .plist and a symbols directory except for my Watch6,9 9.1 (20S75) directory, which was empty. So the error message seems legit, there are no symbols.

Attempts:

• Removed my developer account from Xcode and added it again (403 error)
  • Deleted all the folders in this directory, and then rebooted xcode, connected my device, it said "fetching symbols", the directory was recreated again, but then it failed.
  • Copying a previous symbols and just putting it in there 🤷‍♂️

Sadly none of it has worked. I don't know what makes my symbols fetch request unauthorised. I am also unable to find any symbols I can download online. Cannot build my app to my watch anymore

• I confirm everything you have written. Watch6,9 9.1 (20S75) is an empty folder.

Add a Comment

I downloaded Xcode 14.1 RC 2 and the missing symbols folder is now present after downloading the simulator. Can also build on physical device running 9.1.

I am facing the same. My devices are all updated with recent OSs. macOS Venture 13.0, iOS 16.1, watchOS 9.1 and Xcode 14.0.1

Watch6,15 9.1 (20S75) folder under Device Support is empty. Xcode says "The device is not available because there was an error downloading its symbols." Xcode Device tab shows "Failed with HTTP status 403 forbidden" Xcode -> Settings -> Platforms shows watchOS 9.0, but watch OS 9.1 does not show up.

I am unable to run and debug app on my watch real device.

I have downloaded Beta of Xcode from Apple; Xcode 14.1 RC 2.
This Xcode can download watchOS 9.1 symbols and run Watch app on device.

WatchOS 9.1 symbols are now there, on 1rst of November, with same Xcode 14.0.1. Probably a correction on server side.