Xcode 14.1: Account Authentication Failure

Since Xcode was updated to version 14.1 I see a yellow cloud in the top status bar. When I click on it, a message appears: "Account Authentication Failure - There was problem authenticating your Apple ID ([username]). Sign in again in the Accounts preference pane." I tried the following, nothing helped:

• delete my account and sign in again in the Accounts preference pane
  • restart Xcode
  • restart the computer

I assume it's a problem with version 14.1. The problem occured immediately after the update to version 14.1.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of RickyRose Down vote post of RickyRose
17k views
  • Exactly the problem for me after upgrading to Xcode 14.1.

Tried deleting and re-adding my AppleID account in the XCode Account Prefs., restarting Xcode, rebooting the computer. - No joy.

I also tried creating an app-specific password for Xcode, but the Xcode Account prefs page did not accept the app-specific password - it had to be the main AppleID password.

• I also have this problem this morning after updating to Xcode 14.1 (from 14.0). And I also tried the same steps as above multiple times but still received the same message.

• I have the same problem. Nothing helped.

Replies

I ran into the same issue recently. In my case, I have two Apple ID's registered in XCODE Accounts preferences, but only one of the Apple ID's (not the ID used for the machine) is registered with App Store Connect. Registering the Apple ID used on the machine with App Store Connect seems to resolve the issue.

Same here , no amount of signing out , signing back in will clear the issue . It is persistent across launches.

I have even logged out of my Apple account , and logged back in to refresh everything , no change. Same story year after year , Apple making it hardware to develop for the platform.

I'm having the same issue. It has persisted for two days now.

I agree, geezerbuttz. I really don‘t feel like I want to develop in the Swift / Xcode universe. A message that doesn‘t help at all and no hint about what to do. Not even a „we‘re working on it“. Apparently Apple thinks their products are so fancy - they’re just flawless. Well, I rather leave it than love it.

Periodically, Apple will release a new developer license agreement that you need to sign before you can build new apps. https://developer.apple.com/account You will get a build failure/warnings if there is a pending license agreement to sign. Login to your Apple developer account to check if there's a new license agreement.

• What if I don't have a paid Apple Developer account?

Add a Comment

Thank you for your suggestion, AnatolyMazkun. I checked Agreements and Guidelines for Apple Developers, however there were no pending agreements.

Hey everyone! The same problem...

I'm have the same problem in Xcode 14.1 (14B47b). AnatolyMazkun, how these "pending agreements" are looks like? There are a lot of agreements in my account page on Apple developer portal, but they are just PDF documents, there are no "agree" buttons, switches or something to do an agreement.

Tried to remove/add my account in Accounts page in Xcode settings, then restart Xcode — nothing changed.

• I did the same things you did and yet the issue persists

• I have the same problem in Xcode 14.1 , i have trying many issus but without success.

Add a Comment

Same problema here. Since upgraded to Xcode 14.1 (no problem before) With Playgrounds there ir no warning. But with any project Xcode warns "Account Authentication Failure"

Reading account, logoff/logon... no way. Warning always is shown.

I finally uninstalled and reinstalled Xcode - the issue still exists. Seems, we have to wait (and hope) for the next update. ...

does anyone have the solution to solve this problem? I too have the same problem.

same issue here

Now, with version 14.2 the issue is still not solved.

I have the same issue in 14.2.

Same here... Already checked if any agreements are pending in dev center (there aren't). Tried removing and adding my account again multiple times.

There are so many bugs in Xcode 14+

• same probelem, xcode 14.1

Add a Comment