How can I preview if my app is enabled to be set as default email client

I followed the instruction on Preparing your app to be the default browser or email client . I have acquired the permission from Apple. The entitlement is included in the provisioning profile. mailto is specified in URL Schemes.

How can I preview if my app is enabled to be set as default email client successfully?

Replies

Hello @PennyHuang. I’m not sure what you mean by preview, here. Have you installed the app and it can’t be selected as the default mail app in your app settings?

—Jason.

• I mean if I successfully implement this functionality, will the switch appear on Setting when the app runs on a device or simulator? Or it will appear only when the app is downloaded from testflight or app store? I followed the instruction to implement it, but the switch to enable my app to become the default email client app didn't appear on Setting when it ran on a device, nor when it was downloaded from testflight. I would like to know if I successfully implement it. If not, how to do it?

• I mean the switch to enable my app to become the default email client app didn't appear on Setting when my app ran on a device. How do I know if it is implemented successfully?

Add a Comment

Hi @Jason, in Setting page, the switch to enable my app to become the default email client app didn't show when my app ran on a device or simulator. Does it mean that I didn't implement this functionality correctly? Or does the switch only show when the app is installed from app store?