what is going on with Pages?

hi! I'm having issues with the app Pages, in particular the keyboard shortcuts. As I use my MacBook to write notes for my university classes I find really useful the "styles" option. I set up the shortcuts for the ones I use the most with F1, F2 and F3. My issue emerged around a month ago, when they stopped working. To be precise, the shortcut works, but only if I select the text beforehand, not by clicking and writing after, which is the way I use the most (and saves the most time). I checked on a friend's MacBook, which exactly the same as mine (MacBook Air M1, 2020, 13") and the shortcuts work both selecting the text and without. I tried everything to fix the issue: I deleted and reinstalled the app, restarted the computer, used safety mode, I even REDOWNLOADED MACOS! nothing is working. If you can help me please say something, I'm growing incredibly frustrated, especially for a laptop which I paid lots for.

Replies

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.