Getting "Namespace DYLD, Code 1 Library missing" crashes on Ventura

Hello,

My app runs fine on Monterey, but on Ventura we get a crash upon launch with the following Termination Reason:

Termination Reason: Namespace DYLD, Code 1 Library missing
Library not loaded: @rpath/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib
Referenced from: <B2C025A7-2A52-3D29-93CF-EB0AE93077AA> /Applications/MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp
Reason: tried: '/usr/lib/swift/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/lib/swift/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/swift/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/lib/swift/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS@rpath/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/swift/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/lib/swift/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/swift/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/lib/swift/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache)
(terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)

My app depends on mylibrary-sdk.dylib, which I've included in the target using SPM. Again, this setup runs produces an app that runs fine on Monterey.

This is very odd, because it seems to be looking for mylibrary-sdk.dylib in /usr/lib/swift/ and /usr/lib/libmylibrary-sdk.dylib ?! If I look at the binary, the dylib is indeed in its Frameworks directory. I've also added @executable_path/../Frameworks to my Runpath Search Paths but that didn't help.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of tallereric Down vote post of tallereric
5.6k views
  • Did you solve this??

Add a Comment

Replies

I am also facing the exact same issue. Attaching log below.

Termination Reason: Namespace DYLD, Code 1 Library missing Library not loaded: @rpath/MyFramework.framework/Versions/A/MyFramework Referenced from: /private/var/folders/*/tool_mac.app/Contents/MacOS/tool_mac Reason: tried: '/private/var/folders/7_/2_gs44lx26z8n0v451hc44jc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/A6498651-1560-4ABE-9EF0-2E2E11EE76F2/d/tool_mac.app/Contents/MacOS/Frameworks/MyFramework.framework/Versions/A/MyFramework' (no such file), '/private/var/folders/7_/2_gs44lx26z8n0v451hc44jc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/A6498651-1560-4ABE-9EF0-2E2E11EE76F2/d/tool_mac.app/Contents/MacOS/Frameworks/MyFramework.framework/Versions/A/MyFramework' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS@rpath/MyFramework.framework/Versions/A/MyFramework' (no such file), '/private/var/folders/7_/2_gs44lx26z8n0v451hc44jc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/A6498651-1560-4ABE-9EF0-2E2E11EE76F2/d/tool_mac.app/Contents/MacOS/Frameworks/PlayF (terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)

I ran into a similar problem with Microsoft Outlook and I updated the app with their latest release and it solved it. Here is the link.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/outlook-namespace-dyld-code-1-library-missing/700bf131-a66a-4b99-ac96-6dc47c617027

I'm having a similar issue, but with python and SightHound Video:

Termination Reason:    Namespace DYLD, Code 1 Library missing
Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python
Referenced from: <3E3308A2-B927-3671-9010-C6850EB7445E> /Applications/Sighthound Video.app/Contents/MacOS/Sighthound Video
Reason: tried: '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python' (no such file, not in dyld cache), '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python' (no such file)

Had this issue, and fixed it by moving Outlook to the trash, and redownloading from the App Store.

My theory after reading, it might be related to apple updates conflicting and will need to update a package from microsoft, but I just went the apple app store reinstall method. Good luck team!