Matter.framework does not work properly in iOS 16.1.1

On iOS 16.0, I added accessories via the MTRDeviceController class in the Matter.framework, and it worked fine.

But when I will phone upgrade to the latest version of the iOS (iOS 16.1.1), after I call "MTRDeviceController" class "pairDevice: onboardingPayload: error:" method. I get an error like this:

CHIP: [BLE] BLE:Error writing Characteristics in Chip service on the device: [The specified UUID is not allowed for this operation.]

According to the error message, I guess that the characteristics of a certain Bluetooth cannot be read and written. After trying to verify it, I find that the characteristics uuid of the Matter accessory: "18EE2EF5-263D-4559-959F-4F9C429F9D12" cannot be read.

So, my question is what can I do in iOS 16.1.1 to make my app work as well as it does on iOS 16.0.

• I have noticed that in iOS 16.1.1, it works if I add devices using MatterSupport.framework.

But I didn't find if I specified the fabric for the accessory, as well as getting the nodeId of the device, so I don't know how I can continue to control my device using matter.framework after adding it

• Have you found a solution ? I'm in the same situation.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have noticed that in iOS 16.1.1, it works if I add devices using MatterSupport.framework.

But I didn't find if I specified the fabric for the accessory, as well as getting the nodeId of the device, so I don't know how I can continue to control my device using matter.framework after adding it

You should Add EnableBluetoothCentralMatterClientDeveloperMode.mobileconfig from here

I know there are no more errors after installing this mobileconfig. But what happens when the app is released and I can't get my users to install it

• I am facing the same issue..after adding the mobileconfig, it is working fine but what happens when the app is released?

Add a Comment

Same issue for me. With the profil no pb to pair a matter device but without it, although my app is released and available on the apple store, i can not pair matter devices : LE:Error writing Characteristics in Chip service on the device: [The specified UUID is not allowed for this operation.] Failed to establish BLE connection: ../../../../../../../../Sources/CHIPFramework/connectedhomeip/src/platform/Darwin/BleConnectionDelegateImpl.mm:455: Ble Error 0x00000407: GATT write characteristic operation failed

Any solution ?

Guys, any progress?

在 macOS 上使用chip-tool,或在 iOS 上使用 CHIP Tool 使用开源 Matter Darwin 芯片工具和 iOS 芯片工具配对 Matter 配件需要在 MacOS 或 iOS/iPadOS 上安装 蓝牙 Central Matter 客户端开发人员模式配置文件

下载蓝牙 Central Matter 客户端开发人员模式配置文件并将其安装在 iOS/iPadOS 16.1 beta 3 和 MacOS 13.1 beta 3 或更高版本的系统上。

对于macOS,可以通过“设置”->“隐私和安全”->“配置文件”安装配置文件 对于iOS/iPadOS,如有必要,请通过电子邮件发送配置文件或使用 AirDrop 将配置文件传输到iOS/iPadOS 16 beta 3设备。 重新启动您的系统

对于iOS/iPadOS,启用开发者模式。请参阅 此开发者页面 编译适用于 macOS 的芯片工具或适用于 iOS 的 CHIP Tool