Info.plist contained no UIScene configuration dictionary

In a SwiftUI project, I get the following runtime error:

2022-12-15 11:31:37.453318+0100 MyApp[7039:3585656] [SceneConfiguration] Info.plist contained no UIScene configuration dictionary (looking for configuration named "(no name)")

There are no scene in the project:

I have tried to change the settings,

To no avail.

• I also noticed this message today. When constructing a new project the message appeared and the Simulator would not come up. I had noticed earlier in the day that Xcode had apparently just updated. When I restarted my Mac, the Simulator came up and the behavior was as expected, but I did still get the error message.

• Can confirm. I have started experiencing this issue upon upgrading to iOS 16.2.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

To solve this problem, add Scene Configuration into Application Scene Manifest in Info.plist file. And the mistakes will go away.

Regards Alex Valter

• What PedroCavaleiro and alexvalter showed (add Scene Configuration into Application Scene Manifest in Info.plist) solved the issue for me - thanks!

• I solved the issue, thanks Alex

• Thanks. So SwiftUI just wanted to see an empty sceneConfiguration in info.

Replies

我也遇到了相同的问题,它在今天突然出现,期望能得到帮助 I'm having the same problem, it popped up today, expect help

• I tested with Xcode 14 and 14.1. Same issue as with 14.2.

Add a Comment

I filed a bug report: Dec 15, 2022 at 4:52 PM – FB11875810

• I am getting the same error after the update, please let me know what the fix is if you find out!

• Please keep us updated if you find a fix for this! Thanks!

Add a Comment

I am also getting the error even when creating a new app and building/simulating. Glad to know I am not the only one.

This is starting to hurt. I do hope they are on the case. I have much to do.

• This problem just started happening for me as well.

Add a Comment

I had the same issue too, restarting actually fixed my issue.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of DF_ Down vote reply of DF_
  • @DF_ What did you do exactly ? I rebooted the Mac and consequently restarted Xcode. That did not solve the issue.

Add a Comment

I'm also having this issue and I don't see any way of fixing it. My Info.plist file doesn't have anything empty in it and I get this error three times when I open my app:

[redacted] [SceneConfiguration] Info.plist contained no UIScene configuration dictionary (looking for configuration named "(no name)")
  • I also get the error 3 times.

• I get the error twice.

Add a Comment

So I already had the Info.plist on my project but if you don't have one you must create one and place it on the root of the project

Then go to the Target -> Build Settings -> Packaging -> Info.plist File and change the value to "target/Info.plist" in my case it's "swarm/Info.plist"

This was still causing the error to appear but adding the following key to the Info.plist fixed it

If you add a new key and start typing and then use the auto complete it should add the child keys as well

You don't really need to add anything to the "Scene Configuration"

• Thanks, it worked!

• I tried this on a test project on Xcode 14.2 (14C28) on Ventura 13.1. It gave me multiple build errors. And this was a SwiftUI project that I created. Looks like the errors are basically saying I can’t have two Info.plist files. Another note, my Xcode was auto updated to the 14.2 built (pointed out above) two days ago!! Rather suspicious to me!!!

• I can't find Info

This seems to be related to something in iOS 16.2. Try switching to a simulator running iOS 16.0; the error will not be there. Not sure what there is to do about it. In my case, it doesn't seem to impact the usability of the app I am developing.

• PedroCavaleiro's solution works for me. Indeed iOS 16.2 related. Maybe because in my SwiftUI project I use one UIKit component.

• I tried this too but i still get the error

• I tried this, didn't help!

Add a Comment

I was having the same issue, I just force quit Xcode and the Simulator, and now it's working for me.

I have the same problem I am desperate to solve it I have 5 days trying

I'm getting the same error after upgrading to the latest version of Xcode, IOS and MacOs. Not sure which one is causing the issue.

Anyone figure this out yet?

Thanks.

@PedroCavaleiro Is it a SwiftUI project ?

• My SwiftUI project now has this error after updating Xcode to version 14.2

Add a Comment

Hello, same issue here, project was running perfectly before the last XCode update.

I am having same issue after xcode update. it was running fine before...

Me too, what just happened?