Info.plist contained no UIScene configuration dictionary

In a SwiftUI project, I get the following runtime error:

2022-12-15 11:31:37.453318+0100 MyApp[7039:3585656] [SceneConfiguration] Info.plist contained no UIScene configuration dictionary (looking for configuration named "(no name)")

There are no scene in the project:

I have tried to change the settings,

To no avail.

• I also noticed this message today. When constructing a new project the message appeared and the Simulator would not come up. I had noticed earlier in the day that Xcode had apparently just updated. When I restarted my Mac, the Simulator came up and the behavior was as expected, but I did still get the error message.

• Can confirm. I have started experiencing this issue upon upgrading to iOS 16.2.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

To solve this problem, add Scene Configuration into Application Scene Manifest in Info.plist file. And the mistakes will go away.

Regards Alex Valter

• What PedroCavaleiro and alexvalter showed (add Scene Configuration into Application Scene Manifest in Info.plist) solved the issue for me - thanks!

• I solved the issue, thanks Alex

• Thanks. So SwiftUI just wanted to see an empty sceneConfiguration in info.

Replies

Same happening here. I get the error: [SceneConfiguration] Info.plist contained no UIScene configuration dictionary (looking for configuration named "(no name)") three times in a row. Using Xcode 14.1 and Ventura. (Haven't updated yet) SwiftUI project using Firebase and with @UIApplicationDelegateAdaptor but no code in AppDelegate. However my app still runs fine on device (iPhone and iPad)

• I tried removing AppDelegateAdaptor and AppDelegate file but still seeing error.

Add a Comment

someone has solved it?

To solve this problem, add Scene Configuration into Application Scene Manifest in Info.plist file. And the mistakes will go away.

Regards Alex Valter

• What PedroCavaleiro and alexvalter showed (add Scene Configuration into Application Scene Manifest in Info.plist) solved the issue for me - thanks!

• I solved the issue, thanks Alex

• Thanks. So SwiftUI just wanted to see an empty sceneConfiguration in info.

Some additional information.

It may happen that SceneManifest fo not appear in the info.plist file. If so:

• Open the app Settings in Xcode, fo to the info tab
  • You should find an Application Scene Manifest in the list of keys
  • Tap the + sign on its right
  • Select Scene Manifest

It's done, and Scene manifest should now also appear in info.plist.