RealityKit sometimes renders using only the green channel

Hi

We're working on an app that uses RealityKit to present products in the customer's home.

We have a bug where every once in a while (somewhere around 1 in 100 runs), all entities are rendered using the green channel only (see image below).

It seems to happen to occur in all entities in the ARView, regardless of model or material type.

Due to the flaky nature of this bug, I found it really hard to debug, and I can't seem to rule out an internal issue in RealityKit.

Did anyone run into similar issues or have any hints of where to look for the culprit?

Replies

Hi! I'm not aware of any similar bug reports of this issue, but I can ask internally. In the meantime, it would be great if you are able to get a Metal frame capture whenever you encounter this bug again. Also, what iOS version are you using?

Hi, thanks for the reply! I will definitely do a metal frame capture the next time this bug happens during debug. We've had this bug occur on all kinds of iPhone pro devices (12, 13, 14) and we've seen on both iOS 15 and 16, this picture is from 16.1.

I got a frame capture with the bug, you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Bkcmnf5A64pOcsssp3YV4Pro-7eoGpOz?usp=share_link

Hopefully it will help you understand the bug better 🤞

Thanks!

Thanks for the frame capture! Also, I’ve heard that we’ve seen this bug before in some different contexts, but it doesn’t seem like we have a bug report tracking it. Do you mind filing a bug in Feedback Assistant and attaching the frame capture you took?

Opened a new bug report in Feedback Assistant: FB11946743 (RealityKit sometimes renders using only the green channel)

Thanks for your help

any updates on this? I'm facing the same issue

• @jasonh9 it looks like the problem tracking this issue has been closed since the we and the originator have been unable to reproduce this issue. if you have a consistent way to reproduce this, we would greatly appreciate another bug report.

• no updates unfortunately, we're still experiencing this issue occasionally, sometimes with a pink color instead of green.

Add a Comment