Loading indicator until DeviceActivityReport renders?

There is frequently a delay of a few seconds before a DeviceActivityReport renders its view generated from the DeviceActivityReportExtension. It will also sometimes flash with zero data before hydrating with the real activity data (tested with extension code taken directly from XCode boilerplate)

Is there a way to be notified when the DeviceActivityReport renders successfully or is still processing, i.e. so a loading indicator can be presented while the extension runs?

Thanks!

Accepted Reply

Please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Thanks in advance!

• I've experienced the same thing consistently in my application. @foijodsf let me know if you've filed the bug and please link it here! It seems like there are apps that have been able to get around the lag (like Jomo for example, which never lags at all) - so there seems to be an existing way to anticipate the lag and re-render Scene. Kmart, could you shed any light on how to get around the frequent lag of DeviceActivityReport?

• I'm just curious if you have found a way to get around this lag at all as I too am having the same issues. It's frustrating because apps like Opal (and Jomo) seem to have a way around it. I've also submitted an enhancement request on Feedback Assistant.

Add a Comment

Replies

Please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Thanks in advance!

• I've experienced the same thing consistently in my application. @foijodsf let me know if you've filed the bug and please link it here! It seems like there are apps that have been able to get around the lag (like Jomo for example, which never lags at all) - so there seems to be an existing way to anticipate the lag and re-render Scene. Kmart, could you shed any light on how to get around the frequent lag of DeviceActivityReport?

• I'm just curious if you have found a way to get around this lag at all as I too am having the same issues. It's frustrating because apps like Opal (and Jomo) seem to have a way around it. I've also submitted an enhancement request on Feedback Assistant.

Add a Comment

Do you have any update on this? Facing the same issue here.