App store rejection appeal

I submitted my app and it got rejected. After communicating with the reviewer through the Resolution Center, I submitted an appeal explaining my situation to the App Review Board on Feb 1. After about a day, the app went from rejected state to in review. It has been more than a week now with no update in status.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation before? It would be nice to get some insight from developers who have gone through the appeal process.

Thanks!

Replies

Hello, has Apple already evaluated your appeal? How long did it take? My case is the same as yours. No response for 8 days. How it works? when they start testing change the status of the app to "under review"? mine continues as rejected

How long did it take for them to reply?

I'm going through the process at the moment. I have sought information through resolution centre but the reviewer will not update the case (not even once). I appealed and the Appeal Board told me to go through the resolution centre. I tried resolution centre but still nothing for nearly a week. I appealed again and received a carbon copy response.

My app was rejected 23Jul2018 (9 days ago). I received the response below to my appeal response.

I have heard nothing further, and the status of the app in App Store Connect has remained at Rejected.

In addition, I have seen no activity on my server which indicates that the app has not been started since the initial review.

IMHO, this is not a responsive system. With all due respect to what I assume to be a high level of activity, at a minimum I would suggest more communication than a "DoNotReply" automated email.

Thanks for contacting us.

Please do not reply to this automated-email response.

Your request has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. Please note that all requests are responded to in the order they are received. While we cannot respond to every app submission inquiry, if we encounter any issues or need additional information we will contact you.

If you want to check the status of your application, visit iTunes Connect:
https://itunesconnect.apple.com

For answers to the most frequently asked questions, please read the information below or visit our FAQ:
http://developer.apple.com/support/iphone/appsubmission/

How long will it take for my application to be reviewed after it is submitted?

Each app submitted to Apple has different capabilities, features, and complexity, which means that individual review times vary. After the application review process has been completed, you will receive an email notification.

If I “developer reject” a binary and upload a new one does it impact the review time for my submission?

If you reject a binary and upload a new one, the application review process starts from the beginning and will go to Waiting for Review. We strongly recommend that any quality assurance testing is performed prior to submitting the app.

We look forward to helping resolve your concerns.

Best regards,
App Store Review

Don't assume app review participates here. It's mostly just dev on dev.

mob_dev was this eventually resolved? I am in the same situation, and after 6 months of hard work and coding am starting to worry that Apple will just continue to ignore me indefinitely without explanation.

Please tell us how you eventually were able to get a response and make it through the process, just to give a bit of hope.