Financial reports for in app purchases - specifically customer information

Hi,

We are about to start selling a product on the app store, and collect in app purchases as required by Apple.

I just did a test, and I have some questions. I sent a request to Apple, but the response says 3-5 days response time. A customer downloads our app, creates an account. As part of the account creation, they pay for the product (in this scenario $99.99).

1. When a customer purchases an item from me, can I get notified about that purchase in some way? In testing we receive a transaction ID, that we save with our customers profile when they register for our product (separate from their Apple registration). I need that transaction ID in a report of some kind from Apple to tie that customer to that payment so I can reconcile on my end. In my test, I have been unable to find a report that gives me some customer identifiable information, such as their in app purchase transaction ID that I can tie back to the customer in my system? All any of the reports I can currently see show me is the purchase, and what product was purchased, not the transaction ID or something that I can use to tie it to the customer who made it.

To clarify, our app is free to the user to download, when they register, they complete some information for us (name, address, some demographics), and we store that is our system. When they pay, we receive some kind of transaction ID from Apple that goes into our system and is saved in our user's financial profile. I need to run a report out of Apple that gives me something such as that Transaction ID to be able to know who the user was who made the purchase. With some of our purchases, we have to turn around and pay a 3rd party, and that information tells me who I need to pay.

1. If a customer who has paid for our product requests a refund, and I want to provide a refund, how do I do that? If they request a refund, and I wish to dispute that for some reason, how do I do that?

In summary: How to tie transaction to a customer name or transaction ID...we see apple ID but that doesn't mean anything to us. How to download activity for a period including customer name, amount, date  We have a transaction ID in our system (that came from Apple) how to tie that ID to a customer...this may be asking same thing as #1.  How to issue refunds?  Why would charge that clears on credit card be .36 less than the receipt received on the phone? In our test, our product was $99.99, the customer saw a charge of $105.93, but the credit card charge (corporate card) was charged $105.57, so 36 cents less than the customer saw. Is 36 cents in this scenario, some additional fee?

Replies

Fake credit card can also be generated by algorithm or copied from real cards. The most dangerous fraud is done in stores, in the form of "copying credit cards". Since the information on the card is real, it is not possible to prove fraud. The police pointed out that the fraudsters obtained the information from the internet and requested that personal information not be sent to unsafe sites.

• I don't think your response was intended for my question, but thank you.

Add a Comment