error in Xcode File not found: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/arc/libarclite_iphonesimulator.a

• Same issue after installing latest xcode version.

• I'm getting this too after upgrading to xcode 14.3

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• Thanks. This issue got resolved after updating all the target minimum version set to above 11.0. I set the target min too. 12.0

• I have tried this, but it's not working for me. Please provide any other solution.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same.

[ +2 ms] Error (Xcode): File not found: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/arc/libarclite_iphonesimulator.a

[ +2 ms] Error (Xcode): Linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

[ +2 ms] Could not build the application for the simulator. [ ] Error launching application on iPad (10th generation). [ +8 ms]

Same, after updating to 14.3....

Same issue, ruined my morning session

Found this Info https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75574268/missing-file-libarclite-iphoneos-a-xcode-14-3 please check

• This help me, thank you!

• Worked for me !

Add a Comment

To fix this issue, you must ensure that the iOS Deployment Target of your pods is 11.0; pods with a iOS Deployment Target of 8.0 were causing the issue for me.

Example pods that were set to iOS Deployment Target 8.0: leveldb-library, nanopb.

You will receive this error for any pods that are set to 8.0 when building, so change them to 11.0 either manually or with a post install script in your Podfile.

Open Terminal and go to the follow folder:

cd /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/

Create the folder arc:

sudo mkdir arc
cd  arc
sudo git clone https://github.com/kamyarelyasi/Libarclite-Files.git .

Give the necessary permission:

sudo chmod +x *

Now you will be able to build and run

• Thanks. This issue got resolved after updating all the target minimum version set to above 11.0. I set the target min too. 12.0

• I have tried this, but it's not working for me. Please provide any other solution.

Add a Comment

https://rattle-cornucopia-d72.notion.site/Xcode-Project-Build-Error-missing-files-libarclite_iphonesimulator-a-e56022f7318e4685a8794be79d4bd28a

Add this at the end of your podfile (+ pod install) to override the iOS Deployment Target of all your pods. Make sure to choose the appropriate minimum deployment target (iOS 11 or above).

post_install do |installer|
  installer.pods_project.targets.each do |target|
    target.build_configurations.each do |config|
      config.build_settings['IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET'] = '11.0'
    end
  end
end
  • This worked for me, thank you!

Add a Comment

Xcode 14 only supports building for a deployment target of iOS 11. libarclite was necessary for older OS versions, but is now obsolete. If you're encountering errors referring to this library, you should audit every target in your project for those that declare support for a minimum deployment target under iOS 11, and update them to at least iOS 11, or something more recent than that.

I updated POD minimum deploymnet to 11.0 and it worked for me.

• This worked for me, dope !!

Add a Comment

I just updated POD minimum deploymnet to 11.0 and it worked for me.

post_install do |pi|
  pi.pods_project.targets.each do |t|
    t.build_configurations.each do |config|
      config.build_settings['IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET'] = '15.0'
    end
  end
end

Add above line at the end of your Podfile. Replace 15.0 with your deployment IOS version. Run Pod Install. Delete Derived Data. Re-Run. Build will succeed.

this error is because the Target version of one of your Pods that not compatible with your application minimums target, In my application I used Reachability Pods by default the minimum version was 8.0 and my app target version was 11.0 So I fixed it by Changing the Pods version to my App version which is 11.0

Solution Pod -> chose target -> BuildSetting -> change the IOS Deployment Target

I have solved the issue through this

post_install do |installer|
    installer.pods_project.targets.each do |target|
      target.build_configurations.each do |config|
        config.build_settings['EXPANDED_CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY'] = ""
        config.build_settings['CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED'] = "NO"
        config.build_settings['IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET'] = '11.0'
        config.build_settings['CODE_SIGNING_ALLOWED'] = "NO"
        config.build_settings["EXCLUDED_ARCHS[sdk=iphonesimulator*]"] = "arm64"
      end
    end
  end

The steps here solve the problem

[https://rattle-cornucopia-d72.notion.site/Xcode-Project-Build-Error-missing-files-libarclite_iphonesimulator-a-e56022f7318e4685a8794be79d4bd28a]