WeatherKit REST API Issues Today

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the REST API today? I'm getting very slow response times (again.)

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of sarkonovich Down vote post of sarkonovich

Replies

Yes, starting this morning we're seeing intermittent 502, 503 and 404 errors. Still looking into it, but making the same requests minutes later sometimes works.

We are also experiencing slow response times and a lot of 502 - Bad Gateway errors this morning. Thy do seem to resolve these issues eventually.

I wish the API usage details included some more info. Just giving total # of calls is okay if the service is rock solid. Given that WeatherKit is flaky as hell, info about # of calls, return codes, response times, etc., would be great.

Also, a SLA would be much appreciated at this point.

I found the "# of API calls" report once... now I can't find it anymore. I'm sure it's there and will stumble across it again sometime and then forget. I do wish somebody would document the WeatherKit API in a professional manner. It seems very much "institutional knowledge" at best, trial and error in the worst. Maybe Ajax can get on that as it's first task :D.

last night I only got 401 errors after the same script working fine an hour before. I checked the "downed services site" and all seemed well. I almost tore up the whole project looking for the flaw when I thought to myself: "self, just give it a night and maybe it's an undocumented flaw on the API". Well, this morning it works again.