What does WIDGET_BACKGROUND_API_ADOPTION_PROMPT mean?

After updated to Xcode 15 and run my apps, all widgets including lock screen widgets appear this warning: WIDGET_BACKGROUND_API_ADOPTION_PROMPT, does anyone having same issue?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Apple dicker Down vote post of Apple dicker
2.2k views

Replies

Same issue here. I have this warning even in the Widget Library Preview when adding a new Widget.

I suppose there is something (like a prompt?) is missing in the beta 1 but can't see any related issue in the release notes.

It seems to be related to our projets. I tried the Emoji Rangers Apple sample code and there is not this warning on the widgets.

So same issue here. I missed a log message in the console:

The widget background view is missing. Please ensure that you have called the `containerBackground(for: .widget) {…}` modifier in your widget view.

Just add the new .containerBackground(for:) in your widget view and it will resolve the issue.

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2023/10027?time=180

• Thank you, this is very helpful

• After updated to Xcode 15 and run my apps,there are three new example widgets on the preview interface,how to remove them

Add a Comment

How are we supposed to keep our widgets also compatible with iOS 14-16 with this new containerBackground requirement? How can we conditionally apply a modifier based on iOS version?

• Yeah, my solution:

var body: some View { …. { } .adoptableWidgetBackground(color) }

extension View { func adoptableWidgetBackground(_ color: Color) -> some View { if #available(iOS 17.0, *) { containerBackground(for: .widget) { color } } else { background(color) } } }

• When I add this, I get an error in Xcode: Branches have mismatching types 'some View' (result of 'Self.containerBackground(for:alignment:content:)') and 'some View' (result of 'Self.background(_:alignment:)')

• Yeah: add @ViewBuilder before func resolve this issue

Add a Comment