Xcode 15 Beta 1: Access Wi-Fi Information and Hotspot Configuration capability broken?

To check whether our SDK still works on iOS 17 I installed Xcode 15 (Beta 1) and iOS 17 (Beta 1), but I'm unable to run our SDK demo/test App on the iPhone running iOS 17.

Xcode complains about the provisioning profile not supporting the "Access Wi-Fi Information and Hotspot Configuration capability", but com.apple.developer.networking.wifi-info is already set to true in the (development) provisioning profile.

This profile worked fine with Xcode 14.3.1 and iOS 16.5. What changed?

Or is this a bug in Xcode 15 Beta 1?

Accepted Reply

This problem does not reproduce with Xcode 15 Beta 2.

Or is it because I now have to quit Cisco AnyConnect to see an iPhone?

Replies

To check whether our SDK still works on iOS 17 I installed Xcode 15 (Beta 1) and iOS 17 (Beta 1), but I'm unable to run our SDK demo/test App on the iPhone running iOS 17.

As a general rule, if a supported activity worked on Xcode N and fails on Xcode N+1 beta, that’s worthy of a bug report.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Submitted as FB12254801.

• Ta!

• Also submitted FB13194927 but it was marked as "Works as currently designed". Xcode 14 didn't have problems connecting to devices while on VPN and Xcode 15 does.

Add a Comment

The same issue was related here

• Hey hey, itai195 and I came to the same conclusion (-:

• Oh, and thanks for calling out the other thread.

Add a Comment

This problem does not reproduce with Xcode 15 Beta 2.

Or is it because I now have to quit Cisco AnyConnect to see an iPhone?

Precondition:

• Xcode 15 Beta 2
  • Xcode -> Settings -> Accounts NONE
  • Xcode -> Signing and Capabilities -> Automatically manage signing UNCHECKED

(I use fastlane to manage certificates and provisioning profiles)

Workaround:

• Xcode -> Settings -> Accounts: Add the account that contains the certificates and provisioning profiles
  • Xcode -> Signing and Capabilities -> Automatically manage signing CHECKED
  • once enabled the automatic signature management Xcode invites you to choose the correct team and provisioning profile.
  • at this point compile the project (it should work!)
  • you can remove the account again from the Settings
  • you can uncheck Automatically manage signing again (thus returning to the initial conditions!)