Issues with MusicLibraryRequest on macOS/Mac Catalyst

I've been continuing to port my app to the Mac using Catalyst, and have discovered a couple of big issues with MusicLibraryRequest which make it not particularly usable. I've submitted FBs already, but figured a forum post wouldn't hurt :)

filter(matching:) functions unavailable on macOS/Catalyst - FB12301718

The first thing I noticed when building for a macOS or Catalyst target is that a couple of functions are simply not available:

I'm hoping this is a bug, as these methods are crucial to being able to interact with the library.

request.filter(matching: .id, equalTo:) always returns empty on Mac Catalyst - FB12301908

I have not been able to successfully retrieve an Album using a MusicLibraryRequest<Album>. The result is always empty. In the feedback, I attached a sample project that makes an unfiltered MusicLibraryRequest<Album>, then takes the first album and tries to make a new MusicLibraryRequest<Album> filtered to that album's ID. Fetching albums by ID using this method works just fine on iOS 17.

Thanks again for all your work on bringing these capabilities to the Mac!

Answered by talkingsmall in 760223022

FB12301908 was resolved in beta Sonoma beta 4. Thanks to the MusicKit team for taking care of that! FB12301718 still seems to be an issue.

This is still an issue in the second beta seeds of Sonoma and Xcode.

Accepted Answer

FB12301908 was resolved in beta Sonoma beta 4. Thanks to the MusicKit team for taking care of that! FB12301718 still seems to be an issue.

Issues with MusicLibraryRequest on macOS/Mac Catalyst

Q