How to make stand alone VoIP calls on Apple Watch without pairing with iPhone

Hi,

I just want to confirm that is it possible to make/receive VoIP calling through Apple Watch without pairing with iPhone

Seems impossible

Can you clarify what you mean by "without pairing with iPhone"? If you are going through the normal setup flow (as opposed to Family Setup), your Apple Watch will be paired with an iPhone. Your Apple Watch does not need to be in proximity with your iPhone in order to receive VoIP calls via a watchOS app that uses CallKit; the Watch just needs a WiFi or cellular connection.

Yes for example my Watch has WiFi or cellular connection and connected to that and I am using only Watch app there is no other app in iPhone against that watch app so it possible to make and receive calls directly from Watch app?

Hi, I also what to know more about this topic since I guess this is what Apple announced last year, that watchOS 9 will allow users to make VoIP calls directly from the Apple Watch through supported third-party apps. We have not found any documentation how to implement this functionality to the WatchOS framework? Thanks Emanuel

I see, you will be able to call and ”receive VoIP calls via a watchOS 9 app that uses CallKit”.

ok, do you have any documentation for this?

How to make stand alone VoIP calls on Apple Watch without pairing with iPhone

Q