iOS17 : RoomPlan CaptureSession , Symbol not found

Our app is available in the App Store and it's working well on ios16 devices. A few days ago, we noticed in Organizer weird bugs coming from ios17, with the only hint "NO_CRASH_STACK".

After installing ios17 on an iPhone, we were able to reproduce the crash directly at launch, but only when the app is downloaded from the appstore (no crash when the app is installed with Xcode 15 beta)

"type": "EXC_CRASH", "signal": "SIGABRT" }, "termination": { "code": 4, "flags": 518, "namespace": "DYLD", "indicator": "Symbol missing", "details": [ "(terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)" ],

"reasons": [ "Symbol not found: _$s8RoomPlan0A14CaptureSessionCACycfc", "Referenced from: <XXXX----XXXXXXX> /Volumes/VOLUME//.app/", "Expected in: <XXXX--**-XXXXX-XXXXXXX> /System/Library/Frameworks/RoomPlan.framework/RoomPlan" ]

Does Anybody else encounter this issue? What should we do to solve this?

thanks!

Replies

I'm seeing this issue as well. I have an app in the app store that i just updated to take advantage of the new iOS 17 features in RoomPlan. I got a bunch of app open crashes on iOS16 devices:

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Termination Reason: DYLD 4 Symbol missing Symbol not found: _$s8RoomPlan08CapturedA0V10identifier10Foundation4UUIDVvg Referenced from: <XXXX----XXXXXXX> /Volumes/VOLUME/*/xxxx.app/xxxx Expected in: <XXXX----XXXXXXX> /System/Library/Frameworks/RoomPlan.framework/RoomPlan (terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)

I can also reproduce this in the simulator - in Xcode 15.0.1 simulator devices running iOS16.4 it crashes, running iOS17.0.1 it launches.

Were you able to figure out a way around this?

I am seeing a similar crash on all iOS < 17 while using XCode 15.0.1, except that the missing symbol is dispatch serial queue https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/741061