Apple AR

Hi i am student from London studying app development in Arizona. I have a few ideas for apps that I believe would add to the Apple AR experience. I was wondering where I should go about getting started in the development process. Any Guidance would be much appreciated :)

Hey there, I am also a student but from Switzerland. Currently I am in a similar situation and wondered if we may get in touch to exchange on our findings. Feel free to reach me out mate :)

My personal recommendation (as a regular developer; not someone from Apple) would be to start with Apple's WWDC sessions on Spatial Computing.

The iPhone/iPad AR experiences will probably need a different user experience from Apple Vision Pro AR experiences. For example, on iPhone and iPad, because the user's hands are holding the device, they can't do much in the way of interacting with content. Also, Apple recommends AR experiences for iPhone & iPad only last for 1-2 minutes at a time for various reasons. See Apple's 2022 WWDC session Qualities of great AR experiences.

After that, I recommend starting from Apple's oldest sessions (2019, at the bottom of that web page) and working forward in time.

Finally, while Apple Vision Pro is the coolest platform for AR (I desperately want a dev kit), don't ignore the approximately 1 billion people with iPhones and iPads who could run your AR/VR applications if you target those platforms.

Apple AR

Q