Adding app icon to project

I am blind, use Voiceover, and am having a difficult time adding an app icon to my project. I created the project with Cordova and can't figure out how to add the icon through the CLI interface, but also can't get it to add through Xcode. Help for either method would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies

I am also having difficulty adding an app icon to my project in Xcode and I also use VoiceOver. I can add the AppIcon image set to the asset catalog, and I can also separately add the image that I want to use as the app icon to my asset catalog, but I can't seem to specify for the AppIcon image set which image/icon should be used.

If I select the AppIcon from the asset catalog and then go to the Inspector, it doesn't seem to give me any targets (or “wells” to add the images to. In the attributes inspector tab it gives me some popup menus to select the size class, but not really anything else. The quick help inspector says no quick help.

Xcode Version 14.3.1 (14E300c)

• The comments on the below AppleVis article discuss adding an app icon in Xcode 9 using VoiceOver and might be helpful:

https://www.applevis.com/comment/84931#comment-84931

Add a Comment