Sample app shows error "ServiceUnavailable" when on real device

On simulator, everything works fine.

But when I run on an iOS beta 3 device, the UI simply doesn't change. I just see the one button stay there. Logs show the below upon every click.

I know there's the expected System UI with "Hold here to present" based on the simulator, but I can't see it on a real device. Is there some Terms & Conditions thing I should expect, maybe? Please advise. Thanks. .

[for reference, the below are the error logs in Xcode]

An error occurred while reading a mobile document: The operation couldn’t be completed. (ProximityReader.MobileDocumentReaderError error 6.) serviceUnavailable Could not create identity session due to: [ Error Domain=ProximityReader.IdentityReaderErrorInternal Code=15 UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=<private>, code=<private>} ]

Add a Comment

Replies

Experiencing the same issue as well.

Hi there! Thank you for the question!

The team has tracked down the reason for the "Service Unavailable" error and we're working on fixing the issue.

It seems the error occurs if your app's bundle identifier contains hyphens (-). As a workaround, try removing any hyphens from you app's bundle identifier and try again.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if this issue persists.

Hey there,

I'm happy to report this issue has now been resolved and you should not experience any "Service Unavailable" errors when using the Verifier API on iPhone or in iOS Simulator.

Have a great day!