StoreKit2 for Volume Purchases

I am planning to convert a paid app to freemium. I would like existing paid users to remain unaffected in this process. In this question, I am focussing on volume purchase users (both existing and future). The info on Apple developer website advises to use original Store Kit if one needs to support Volume Purchase users:

You may need to use the Original API for in-app purchase for the following features, if your app supports them:

The Volume Purchase Program (VPP). For more information, see Device Management.

Does that mean I can't use StoreKit2 to verify receipts of volume purchases made before the app went freemium (to get original purchase version and date), OR, the API can not be used to make in-app volume purchases and perhaps, users will not be able to make volume purchases from AppStore, OR, both?

Replies

Hello @testinstadev !

Unfortunately, Volume Purchase Program isn't available with StoreKit 2 at this time. Please create a ticket via https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/ to let us know more about your request, and share ticket number here. Thank you!

• Thanks for the answer. I want to understand what is meant by that (Volume purchases isn't supported by StoreKit 2).To put things in context, I understand AppTransaction has a field originalAppVersion which tells the original version of application purchased by the user. Will this field also identify purchases that were previously made under VPP? Can I rely on this field to identify the version of app originally purchased by the user (be it normal or VPP)? Or this field will not work for VPP?

• Hello @App Store Commerce Engineer Can you please confirm whether AppTransaction.originalAppVersion field will be present for users who purchased the app previously using VPP? Or is this field only present for normal purchases only?

Add a Comment