Font Sizes Issue ( Custom and System ) Xcode 15 Beta & iOS17 Beta

I am having issues with the Font Sizes on iOS17 Beta. When running the app in the simulator and on the device, the font weight for my app suddenly changed. For example, it has always been "Regular" and it changed to "Semibold" even thought its set to be in "Regular".

I am also adding a new label, and no matter what I do to the size, it does not change. On the storyboard is shows the correct size I set, but then running it on the simulator or in my device running iOS17 Beta it shows smaller or the the regular size of 17.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Accepted Reply

Finally [https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-15_0_1-release-notes#Interface-Builder](XCode 15.0.1) resolved this.

• @Megamil Sadly this issue was not fixed! I just upgraded Xcode, tested my app and it continues to load the wrong style ( regular, medium, bold etc ). The only walk around I have found is that if you go and switch the affected label to a different 'Style' and then back to the one you want, it will fix it. However, I am not 100% sure what happens when you submit it to the App Store and is installed in actual devices.

Add a Comment

Replies

having the same issue in ios 16 & 17 iphone & simulator both using Xcode 15 & 15 beta both the fonts are working fine in swiftUI project though, but the UIKit projects are messed up because of fonts, and they are randomly changing

Just sharing work around :

1. You can avoid font issue by continuing to use Xcode 14 until Xcode 15 becomes stable.
  2. If you decide to use Xcode 15, then likely you have to manually adjust the fonts for each part of your app’s user interface. This can get messy in your code and make quality control a bit tricky.

Finally [https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-15_0_1-release-notes#Interface-Builder](XCode 15.0.1) resolved this.

• @Megamil Sadly this issue was not fixed! I just upgraded Xcode, tested my app and it continues to load the wrong style ( regular, medium, bold etc ). The only walk around I have found is that if you go and switch the affected label to a different 'Style' and then back to the one you want, it will fix it. However, I am not 100% sure what happens when you submit it to the App Store and is installed in actual devices.

Add a Comment